Taylor Swift appeared on the cover of the latest issue of Wonderland magazine, and the photo of her surprised everyone who saw it. It’s not because she was wearing something crazy or doing anything controversial, it’s just because she looked totally different. She was sporting a slick, wet, bedhead hairstyle, along with a very natural makeup look that left her without her signature cat-eye and red lip. She also looked much more bronzed than usual, and instead of her usual sly grin, she looked more serious and intense. But the thing that stood out the most to me was her strong brow game. Taylor’s brows looked so thick and amazing that when I first saw the cover, I thought I was looking at supermodel Cara Delevigne.
To be honest, I love this more mature look on Taylor (who am I? Why do I like the things she does now?). It’s very different for her, and it’s a nice change of pace. I’ve heard a lot of people speculating about why Taylor doesn’t look like herself – is it the nude lip? Is it her more golden skin tone? Is it the hair? All of that is definitely contributing, but guys, it’s mainly the brows. I don’t think people realize how much your eyebrows can transform your entire look. This is proof.
If you’re looking for a quick and relatively easy way to transform your look, go with creating the illusion of thicker eyebrows. Whether you start to do it everyday, or you just want something different for one night, this is a great way to change it up. Here are 15 tips and tricks on how to get thicker eyebrows:
1. If you’re nervous to make a line above or below your brows, simply fill them in with powder and then brush them with a clear gloss so they stay put.
2. When you’re doing your brows, stand further away from the mirror so that you can get a better idea of what they look like.
3. Use a comb to figure out where your arch should be.
4. A brow stencil is an easy way to shape and fill in your brows.
5. Here’s exactly how to use that tiny brow brush to your advantage:
6. Shape your brows with a pencil, then fill them in with powder.
7. Take care of your brows by tweezing and moisturizing them.
8. Bend your mascara wand to make it easier to use for shaping.
9. Use a setting wax to keep the makeup you use in place for hours.
10. If you don’t have actual eyebrow makeup products, just wet your brush and use brown eye shadow.
11. For a more natural look, just use brow powder.
12. Don’t forget to brush it out.
13. Here’s another helpful step-by-step guide:
14. Always use highlighter beneath the brow to give it more definition.
15. Don’t over-draw!
Which of these tips did you find most helpful? What do you think about Taylor’s cover? How do you do your brows? Tell me in the comments!