Sweatshirts are so much more than just the comfy clothes you wear when you’re being lazy around the house. Last season, we were introduced to a whole other side of this cold-weather staple: sweatshirts looking chic and elegant, and not anything like you’re just being a bum. It was wonderful. Sweatshirts are warm, cozy, comfy and basically perfect. Being able to pair them with skirts, jeans and even heels is kind of a dream come true.
But how do you style a sweatshirt do that you look more put-together and less lazy? First, make sure you’re wearing the right kind of sweatshirt. An old hoodie with your school’s logo splashed across the front is obviously going to look much more casual than a sweatshirt with a cute graphic or pattern on it. Second, make sure you find the right fit. Something over-sized is going to definitely going to come across as lounge-wear, while something more fitted will look more flattering and stylish. Third, take fashion inspiration from bloggers all over the world. Her are 20 style tips on how to wear sweatshirts, with outfit ideas taken from some seriously fashionable people.
1. Pair a plain sweatshirt with a leather skirt and sneakers for a sporty but chic look. Red lipstick is a great addition!
2. Adding fun accessories, like a patterned scarf, to a sweatshirt and jeans is an easy way to dress things up.
3. An all-black ensemble is always glam. Add motorcycle boots for a more tough look.
4. You can make a sweatshirt look professional and work-appropriate by wearing it with a pencil skirt and heels.
5. Add leather or pleather pants and a statement necklace, and even a sweatshirt looks dressy.
6. A statement necklace and fancy heels take jeans and a sweatshirt to a whole new level.
7. A pretty sweatshirt and a tulle skirt makes for the cutest holiday outfit ever.
8. Layer your sweatshirt under a denim or leather jacket, and add slip-on sneakers for a casual vibe.
9. A sweatshirt with a bold graphic makes jeans and boots look adorable and perfect for school.
10. Layer a fitted sweatshirt over a plaid shirt, leaving the collar and bottom peeking out. Fall perfection!
11. For a casual but cute outfit, wear your sweatshirt with printed jeans and a beanie.
12. Embellished sweatshirts are so glam and barely need any accessories.
13. Keep things super simple by just adding a pair of cute heels. This couldn’t be easier!
14. Maxi skirts can totally be worn in the colder weather! Tuck a sweatshirt into one and add a pretty necklace.
15. Wear your sweatshirt with jean shorts, combat boots, and tights for a grunge vibe.
16. A sweatshirt looks so awesome front-tucked into a skater skirt. Add flats for a comfy outfit.
17. Roll up a pair of boyfriend jeans and add a pair of bold heels to make your sweatshirt stand out.
18. Layer your sweatshirt over another shirt and add a pair of cute flats for a simple look that isn’t too bummy.
19. Sometimes all you need is a pair of bright sneakers!
20. Make a statement by wearing your sweatshirt with a super feminine skirt and heels .
Which of these outfits is your favorite? How do you wear your sweatshirts? What kind of style tips do you want to see next? Tell me in the comments!