When it comes to our physical appearance, we are all unique, and this goes for our face shape as much as anything else. To put it simply, the most basic different kinds of face shapes are round, oval, square, or heart-shaped (more on those in a minute). Just like everything else about your body, there are certain things you can do to flatter your face shape, and certain things you’ll do that may not be as flattering. For example: there are specific ways to wear your makeup and/or hair so that it complements your face shape and looks best for you.
That’s not to say that you HAVE to follow these rules. I don’t think you should be applying your makeup every day and focusing on what is going to make your face look it’s best. I don’t think you should shy away from an option simply because you have a round face and one website says it’s better for a square face. But I do think it’s really helpful to know what techniques are best for the face you have – if flattering your face shape makes you feel more confident and beautiful, then I’m all for it.
Did you know that there are different ways you can apply blush, bronzer and contour makeup for the way your face is shaped? And that there are certain ways to cut your hair to flatter your face? There are! And I find it super interesting. Here are 15 tips and tricks on how to flatter your face shape with makeup, hair, glasses and more:
1. Not sure what kind of face shape you have? Check out these diagrams and then compare your face in the mirror.
2. If you’re still confused, check out these handy guide:
3. You can apply blush, highlighter and other contouring makeup in specific ways for your face shape to highlight different parts of your face.
4. Certain necklines look best with certain face shapes. Of course, you can wear any neckline you want, but here’s what would be most flattering:
5. A big part of finding the perfect pair of glasses is finding a pair that looks amazing with your face shape. Here’s how to do that:
6. Different hairstyles suit different face shapes. Here’s what you should consider before your next cut:
7. Or if you’re going for a pixie cut, here are the styles that look best on your face shape.
8. Same goes for bangs. If you want some fringe, here’s what you might want to think about first:
9. Just like regular glasses, some sunglasses look best with certain shapes.
10. Even certain hats look best on certain face shapes! And hats are super popular right now, so this is a must-read:
11. Trying a different part, as simple as it seems, can really give you a new look, and it can also give you a little more volume. Try one that works for your face shape:
12. Here’s how to contour for each face shape:
13. And here is how to apply blush for each face shape:
14. Even jewelry can be extra flattering when worn with a certain face shape!
15. And of course, you can’t forget about eyebrows. Making your brows work for your face shape can change up your whole look.
Which of these tips did you find the most helpful? What’s your face shape? What do you disagree with? Tell me in the comments.