A good blazer should be a staple in every girl’s wardrobe. A blazer is so much more than an item of clothing that can be worn in a professional setting. They’re a lot more versatile than something you pair with trousers or a skirt! I love wearing my blazer with jeans – it dresses them up and adds a feeling of chic sophistication.
Blazers are also great if you’re looking for structured layers. Cardigans can sometimes seem too relaxed, and jackets are too bulky to wear all day long. Blazers are just right! So, find your favorite color and pattern, get one that fits you just right, and check out these ideas inspired by fashion bloggers all over Pinterest. I promise you that blazers will become one of your favorite things in your closet. Here are 20 style tips on how to wear a blazer:
1. A blazer is an easy way to make sneakers, jeans and a plain shirt look instantly more dressed up.
2. Missing your favorite crop top and skirt combo from the summer? Add a blazer to make it work for cooler nights.
3. A blazer looks perfectly boho-chic with a floppy hat and ankle boots.
4. Make your maxi skirt work for fall by simply adding a blazer.
5. When you go out wearing a tight, short dress, you can keep warm while also looking glam by wearing a blazer.
6. Shorts with tights look right at home with a long blazer that skims the bottom of the shorts.
7. A fitted blazer makes distressed jeans look much less casual.
8. A more masculine looking blazer makes for a nice juxtaposition with feminine pieces, like a lace shirt and colorful skirt.
9. Make your flannel less casual by wearing it under a blazer and adding a statement necklace.
10. Go for a bright colored blazer to give a big pop of color to any outfit.
11. Don’t be afraid to mix prints. The trick is to keep the colors similar, and to do small patterns like these tiny polka dots with other small patterns, like these thin stripes.
12. Add a blazer and tights, and you can wear your favorite summer dress all fall and winter long.
13. Get into fall layering by wearing your blazer over a cardigan and another shirt.
14. On warmer days, add a scarf and you don’t even need a jacket!
15. Go for a tweed or plaid blazer instead of a plain, solid one.
16. A blazer nicely breaks up denim-on-denim.
17. A fitted blazer looks amazing with loose boyfriend jeans. This is one of my favorite combos.
18. A blazer even keeps leggings from looking too casual.
19. A structured blazer and statement necklace can make any outfit look more glam, even when it’s just jeans and a graphic tee.
20. Have fun with a printed blazer, like this floral one. Wear it with similar colors.
Which of these outfits is your favorite? How do you wear your blazer? What kind of style tips do you want to see? Tell me in the comments!