I am obsessed with coffee. I can’t go a day without drinking it, and I like to have it immediately when I wake up in the morning, otherwise I am a horrible person. I know that many other people in this world are just as in love with coffee as I am. But as delicious as it is, did you know that you can do so much more with coffee than just drink it?
Coffee gets a bad rep sometimes, but actually, coffee beans are beneficial in so many different ways. Not only will coffee give you energy and put you in a better mood, it also can do wonders for your skin and hair. Coffee beans can help get rid of cellulite and stretch marks, make your hair healthier and stronger, give your skin a healthy glow, and even act as a hair color booster. Want to know more? Here are 15 surprising ways you can use coffee in your beauty routine:
1. Make a coffee scrub to exfoliate the dead skin off your body in the shower. Coffee powder mixed with sugar and oil will not only make your dry, dead skin shed away, it will also energize your skin so that you’re left with a glow. This is so easy to make and perfect for the winter.
2. Put coffee grinds under your eyes to get rid of bags. Coffee is energizing to your skin, so while it may not work miracles here, it will definitely help make your undereye bags less noticeable.
3. Mix coffee powder with your favorite shampoo for a natural boost of shine. Coffee is also known to help make your hair grow softer, so if you use this weekly, you may see results in length.
4. Mix coffee grinds with honey and olive oil for a moisturizing lip scrub. Again, coffee is excellent for exfoliation – as a lip scrub, it will get rid of the dry skin, leaving your lips perfectly soft. And it will taste delicious!
5. Make a banana coffee foot scrub to get rid of calluses and dead skin, leaving your feet smooth and pedicure-ready.
6. Mix coffee and a cleanser together to create a face wash that will peel away your layers of dead skin, and leave your face glowing.
7. A coffee face mask will reduce redness and undereye circles, shrink pores, exfoliate your skin and moisturize. Use it once a week for about 15-20 minutes.
8. This eye serum will reduce redness and help get rid of dark circles. Combined with everything else in this natural eye serum, you’ll look amazing after using it!
9. Mix coffee with your favorite conditioner to make your hair shinier and softer, as well as boost growth.
10. Coffee is one of the best ingredients used to reduce the appearance of cellulite. Use it with plastic wrap on your “problem” areas.
11. Coffee is great for shrinking pores and getting rid of blackheads. Mix it up into a mask for results.
12. It’s always nice to have a yummy coffee body scrub in the house to exfoliate with. This one includes coconut to make it sweeter and could make a perfect homemade gift.
13. Combine coffee and conditioner and put in your hair to use as a natural color booster, if you have dark hair.
14. Instead of wrapping your cellulite areas in plastic wrap, you can make this “mask” and rub it into your skin in circles for a few minutes.
15. Coffee may also reduce the appearance of stretch marks. Try this DIY scrub:
Are you obsessed with coffee? Which of these sounds the most interesting to you? What are you going to try? Tell me in the comments.