You could come up with the coolest Halloween costume idea ever, but if you don’t have the makeup to go along with it, it just won’t look as great. I mean, you can’t just dress up as a zombie without putting fake blood and black makeup all over your face (luckily, we have Caitlin’s amazing zombie tutorial here!). And you can put on all black, a tail and ears, but without some cat makeup, you really won’t impress anyone.
I know that elaborate makeup can seem intimidating, but these tutorials are great even if you’re not an expert. Plus, costume makeup is more fun to play around with because it’s meant to look dramatic and exaggerated – it’s okay if you mess up a little bit. Here are 15 amazing Halloween makeup tutorials that will take your costume to the next level:
1. Create a full face of cheetah makeup that looks much more difficult than it is:
2. Sugar skulls are really popular, but the makeup is what makes them special. Get fancy like this:
3. I hate spiders, but even I can’t resist this pretty spiderweb makeup:
4. Don’t just let your Queen of Hearts costume do the talking – make your makeup awesome too!
5. Learn this fun and unique twist on fairy makeup:
6. Go for an authentic Cleopatra costume with this tutorial…
7. If you’re being a doll or some sort of cartoon, try this tutorial, which will give you plastic-looking lips:
8. This Barbie makeup is perfect!
9. Go for a seriously pretty mermaid look with this makeup tutorial:
10. Is it weird that I think this zombie bride makeup look is actually pretty?
11. If you’re dressing up as a doll, this baby doll lip is a must:
12. Guardians of the Galaxy was super popular this past summer. Why not go for the costume with this makeup?
13. Lots of gray and silver makeup create the perfect Catwoman disguise:
14. This is amazing!
15. This Dr. Seuss look is definitely a lot of work, but it’s also really awesome:
Which of these makeup looks was your favorite? Which tutorial will you try? Which did you dislike? What are you being for Halloween? Tell me in the comments.