After years of hesitation and second-guessing myself, I finally bought a fur vest. I had decided this year was the year I was going to buy one, and when I found an amazing Sanctuary piece on sale, I knew it was a sign. I love my fur vest because I think it’s perfect for fall weather. It’s a great layering piece that will keep you cozy without suffocating you, and it’s also a nice statement item that will catch the attention of others. Oh, and obvious side note: my vest is faux fur. I don’t wear animals!
Anyway, if you also own a fur vest or want to buy one, you probably feel a little confused about when and how you should wear it. I get it, I’m in the same boat. I have a few cute outfits in mind for my vest, but I’m also left a little clueless. How can you incorporate a fur vest into your fall wardrobe without looking too over-the-top or silly? Here are 20 style tips on how to wear a fur vest, with outfit ideas from bloggers and more:
1. Let your fur vest dress up destroyed boyfriend jeans by pairing it with heels and a statement necklace as well.
2. Fur vests and plaid button-downs are basically a match made in heaven. I love this look with an infinity scarf and ankle booties.
3. A fur vest is perfect for layering over a sweater dress like this one. Add over-the-knee boots for a touch of sex appeal.
4. A fur vest makes a white shirt and jeans instantly more interesting.
5. Keep things casual by wearing your fur vest over a chambray shirt.
6. A brown fur vest is a great way to break up a white and black outfit.
7. A fur vest over a chunky cardigan or sweater is truly fall layering at it’s best.
8. Go for a seriously glamorous look by wearing your fur vest with a floppy hat and over-the-knee boots.
9. I love pairing anything with a classic striped shirt, and a fall vest is no exception. This is the perfect casual but chic outfit.
10. A fur vest makes an adorable layer over a graphic tee and simple cardigan, paired with jeans and boots.
11. Go for a more boho vibe by wearing your vest with a maxi skirt and a huge scarf.
12. A brown fur vest looks so effortlessly chic with an all-black ensemble.
13. Don’t be afraid to layer your fall vest under or over a leather jacket. It gives it a more tough vibe.
14. Break up a denim-on-denim outfit with a fur vest and bright shoes.
15. I love the way this girl is rocking pleather leggings with a fur vest. The mix of textures is so fun!
16. Wear a fur vest over your favorite black dress, and add high boots to look extra fancy.
17. The perfect simple fall outfit consists of a huge sweater, a fur vest, and a floppy hat.
18. Wear dress shorts over black tights and layer with a fur vest to make your shorts work for fall.
19. I’m kind of obsessed with this red dress worn under this fur vest. The floppy hat is also amazing!
20. Tights and a fur vest make a skater skirt and graphic tee work for fall.
Which of these outfits is your favorite? Do you have a fur vest? How do you wear it? What kind of style tips do you want to see next? Tell me in the comments.