I’m not judging anyone for what they choose to wear on Halloween, but with the amount of sexy/pretty/cute costumes out there, I sometimes feel like everyone forgets that Halloween is supposed to be, well… scary. When I think of Halloween, I think of ghosts and haunted houses and creepy dolls and witches, and terrifying myself for no reason at all.
So I love when I see people dress up in scary costumes and do their makeup in equally scary ways. It’s so fun! Achieving a creeptastic makeup look can seem daunting, but luckily we have the Internet, which offers tutorials that make things a little easier. Here are 15 terrifying Halloween makeup tutorials guaranteed to take your costume to the next level:
1. Learn how to create a creepy zombie face without a ton of makeup:
2. Need some bruises to complete your look? Here’s how to create one.
3. This look is perfect for a skeleton or even a sugar skull.
4. This is simple, yet can be really creepy with the right costume and dead stare.
5. Use toilet paper, glue, and a few other ingredients to create a horrifying wound.
6. Don’t just be a cute witch – be a scary, intimidating, wicked witch with this tutorial:
7. Add bloody nails to complete any creepy costume.
8. This skeleton look requires a ton of black makeup, but the end result is worth it.
9. I cannot get over how creepy this weeping nun makeup look is.
10. Age yourself in the best, most convincing way possible.
11. These lips aren’t exactly creepy on their own, but with some vampire makeup, they would be great.
12. It’s not makeup, exactly, but who couldn’t use a recipe for fake blood every now and then?
13. Make insane looking claw marks with this tutorial.
14. Use oats to make a weird zombie wound.
15. This is terrifying.
Which of these looks is your favorite? Which one would you try? Which do you dislike the most? Tell me in the comments!