As much as I love clothes, when it comes to back to school shopping, absolutely nothing trumps how pumped I get about…school supplies. Yes, school supplies. You know, notebooks, pens, pencils, highlighters. Yes, I seriously would look forward to going to the office supply store and stocking up on all my new school gear. I honestly don’t care if anyone thinks that’s uncool of me because, whatever, it’s not my fault if someone doesn’t understand the pure, unadulterated joy of opening a new pack of pens. Pengasm.
Look, I know I’m not the only office supplies freak out there. I know more of you are out there and are just as pumped to determine what kind of lined paper is sexier. So here are 10 things you’ll only understand if you’re obsessed with new school supplies.
1) You’re ready to buy all your new school supplies way before back to school shopping officially starts.
You’ve been itching for this since, like, July.
2) You understand the importance of picking the perfect highlighters that won’t bleed through the paper.
Lesser mortals don’t understand.
3) You’re already daydreaming of how you’re going to decorate your binder.
This year will have the most rad decorations ever…which is exactly what you say every year.
4) You stock up on all of the pencils because for whatever reason you end up losing all of them within the first week of school.
Seriously, how does this happen every year without fail?
5) You know that there’s never such a thing as too many sticky notes.
In every damn color of the rainbow, too.
6) You know whether or not you prefer to write in blue ink or black ink.
All other colors are for fun and games but blue and black ink is for serious business only.
7) You get really excited about the prospect of a list of back to school supplies.
They’re sexy and you can fill your cart with so much goodness.
8) The plastic smell of your binder is overwhelmingly delicious.
Don’t get too excited but get pretty damn excited, okay? Magic is about to happen.
9) You’re incredibly serious about what planner you want ever year.
It has to be perfect.
10) Your friends and family really don’t understand why you’re so hyped about lined paper but whatever you’re just misunderstood.
They just don’t realize that college ruled paper is the superior lined paper.
Okay fellow freaks, what are you favorite back to school supplies? Are you picky about highlighters? What are your deep, dark feelings about college ruled versus wide ruled paper? Tell us in the comments!