One of the most classic hairstyles of all time is a ponytail. Pulling your hair back in a ponytail is so simple – it gets your hair out of your face, it solves the bad hair day issue, and it looks cute! Sometimes you just don’t have time to blow out or curl your hair, and if you’re like me and your hair doesn’t like to behave, you’ve gotta do something with it! A ponytail is always a good solution.
It feels like ever since Pinterest became popular, the standard ponytail has evolved. Now we don’t just pull our hair back – we do other things to make our ponytail more fun, like wrapping hair around the elastic or adding a braid. If you want to put your hair up AND show off a really adorable style, check out these tutorials. These 15 fun, pretty and unique ponytail style ideas are simple enough to do before class, but exciting enough to make it seem like you put a look of work into them. Effortless style – perfect!
1. Do a braid up the middle for a fun, almost faux-hawk look.
2. You can go for a messy elegant look with this easy twisty style that is way less complicated than it looks.
3. This is so simple to pull off, but it will look like you just spent a long time doing your hair.
4. Do something different with this easy segmented ponytail.
5. This pretty pony is actually perfect for formal events when you don’t want to leave your hair down.
6. The side braid makes an otherwise boring pony instantly interesting. This is perfect for second or third day hair.
7. Make your shorter hair look longer when pulled back using this trick.
8. Try this simple and pretty style for something a little fun. This is great for busy mornings when you want to look like you weren’t rushing.
9. A messy ponytail is the best kind of ponytail. Try this style for the perfect one:
10. Twist the back of your hair into a really cute low ponytail.
11. Turn curly hair into a messy, boho look.
12. Do a fishtail pony with wet hair so it stays in place. It elevates your standard braided ponytail look.
13. Or you can try this rope braid. It will keep all of your hair away from your face.
14. This French-braid pony is so pretty and could be great for school or an event.
15. Do an easy flip that will take five seconds, but will make your ponytail look that much cooler.
Which of these ponytail looks is your favorite? Which hairstyle are you going to try? What did I forget? Tell me in the comments!