I’ve never thought of dorm rooms as particularly appealing… until I started looking at these pictures. Some of these dorm rooms are gorgeous! It actually makes me want to go back in time so that I can live at college and decorate my own tiny space just like these.
While some of these dorms are obviously spacious and may be found in more expensive universities, that doesn’t mean that a small dorm room in a not-as-nice college can’t be decorated to look just as amazing. Let these pictures inspire you. These students are seriously creative – borrow from their ideas to make your college living space as nice as possible. Here are 15 awesome dorm room pictures that will make you excited for September:
1. Put sheer shades over your windows and decorate with strings of lights, window decals, and pretty bottles and vases.
2. To save space, put shelves or a dresser behind your bed. It can also act as a headboard and make your bed look less boring. Initials on the walls and pretty lights around your bed are also really nice touches.
3. If you and your roomie are on the same page, you can coordinate with colors and patterns for a really nice stream-lined look.
4. Create a loft type space by moving your bunk beds around like so. Securely hang a hammock for a boho vibe. The lights are really pretty too!
5. If you’re stuck in the lower bunk, make it more appealing by hanging lights from the bottom of the top bed.
6. To maximize space and make your room look cozier, put a small couch or futon under the top bunk. This is also good for guests.
7. To get rid of that institutional look, hang pictures of cute guys/girls or inspirational images from magazines on the ceiling.
8. Adding a large mirror like this (if possible) will make any small space look larger. I love the quote decal on the wall also.
9. A bright rug that matches your bedding makes your dorm room look homey.
10. Give yourself some privacy around your bed by hanging a sheet/canopy type of deal, along with a chandelier type of light like this one. It’s so peaceful!
11. To save space and make things more cozy, move your desk under your top bunk. Add lots of lights to make the whole area look nicer.
12. Hang your pictures and lights from the ceiling like so. Add curtains, a colorful rug, and giant posters for a really cool feel.
13. Buy a bunch of little pillows and set them up to automatically make your bed look comfier and cooler.
14. Hang a sheer sheet around your bed for privacy. Black wall decals always look amazing.
15. Hanging a colorful tapestry on the wall gives your room a boho vibe.
Which of these dorm rooms is your favorite? What do you want your dorm room to look like? How did you decorate yours? Tell me in the comments!