Okay, so confession: I’m not a black girl with natural hair, so I can’t speak about it with any kind of experience. However, I can round up natural hair care tips for you like a pro! I’m good at looking through Pinterest to find the most useful tips. It’s kind of my thing.
I may not have natural hair, but that doesn’t mean I can’t admire it from afar. One of our writers, Ashley, has fabulous natural hair, and I always love how it looks. In fact, I was surprised when I learned that some girls relax their hair so that it doesn’t look natural – I think natural hair is a gorgeous way for any woman to express herself.
From what I’ve learned from Ashley, natural hair (like any hair type, really) can be hard to maintain and take care of. As a girl with hair that frizzes up at the mere mention of humidity, I get that. Here are 25 natural hair care tips and tricks you need to know.
1. Follow these simple steps to keep your hair looking and feeling amazing.
2. Want to dry your hair without totally drying it out? Consider steaming. Here’s more info:
3. Get super pretty curls overnight by trying a twist out. Here’s your foolproof method:
4. Want to maintain a healthy look? Here is what to do only once in a while up to what you should do every single day.
5. Butters like these are great for sealing in the moisture in your hair! Here are the best times to use them:
6. Here is basically everything you need to know about maintaining healthy hair:
7. It will be cold before you know it! Follow these tips in the wintertime:
8. Protect your curls overnight (and look adorable in bed) by trying the pineapple technique. Here’s how to do it correctly:
9. If you want a lot of volume, air dry as much as possible.
10. Trying to grow your natural hair? Here are the do’s and don’ts you have to follow:
11. Make your curls stand out by making them super defined with these tips:
12. Bantu knots are adorable and great for making your curls look amazing.
13. Beware of breakage! Here’s how to prevent it from happening:
14. It’s super important to keep your natural hair moisturized. Keep these tips in mind:
15. Hair oil is amazing for you. Check out what each kind is good for.
16. Find out what to do to your hair depending on what type of hair you have.
17. These basic tips are really important to know if you’re trying to grow your natural hair.
18. Stretching your hair is an easy way to make it longer when you’re not feeling the length. Here are 6 ways to do it:
19. Here’s how to speed up the growing process:
20. Loving the curls you just gave yourself? Keep them in place for more than a week by following these steps:
21. Just made the transition to natural hair? Here are the tips you need to know:
22. Learn how to co-wash your hair (wash without shampoo) like a pro:
23. Dry scalp driving you insane? Try this quick fix.
24. These basic tips will keep you happy with your hair all the time.
25. Have fun with your hair! Add a little color with eye shadow. Simple and temporary!
Do you have natural hair? Which of these tips is your favorite? What did I forget to include? What kind of beauty tips do you want to see? Tell me in the comments.