What Should You Do If Your Boyfriend Sends Nude Pics To Another Girl?

I don’t advocate for the whole sending nudes thing. And I certainly do not like getting penis pictures in my messages. However, people are into what they’re into, and I’m in not place to judge. But I do expect that if I’m in a relationship with someone, they’re not sending pictures of themselves to someone else.

This week on the message boards, one girl wants to know what to do about her boyfriend sending a naked picture to another girl. He owned up and apologized, but should she stay with him?

Let’s see what y’all had to say:

MW1995 asked:
“My boyfriend of 8 months admitted that he had send a naked picture to another girl a few weeks ago. Other than this he has always been so perfect, never stepped a toe out of line. Even done crazy romantic things like dinner dates in Paris and asking me out on top of the Eiffel tower while giving me the most beautiful necklace, and this is just one thing of many.

While he told me what he had done, he shook and cried the whole time because he thought I’d break up with him and he’d lose me. I want to stay with him but I really don’t know how to deal with this.”

del677 said:
“For me the real test of a person’s character is are they emotionally affected when they realize they’ve screwed up. A jerk won’t care and won’t have an emotional reaction. A good nice sensitive guy will… well what you just described. And is he really emotionally affected, or is he just acting (hoping to get an Emmy for best ‘pretending to be upset after you’ve sent a naked picture to another girl and your girlfriend finds out’).

If it’s real then you’ve got a nice guy who’s a good person, because good people feel bad when they do bad things. What you do about it is up to you. It’ll be an interesting test of your relationship. Best wishes!”

putabowon said:
“Honestly, get rid of him. If you’re having a problem like this with him at 8 months then it will only get worse. You deserve better.”

shy.beth said:
“A similar thing happened to me. I dumped him immediately as I was so upset and angry. It still makes me mad when I think about it now! It is up to you if you stay with him, but for me I wouldn’t be able to trust again, and without trust there’s no relationship. I am really sorry for you though.”

Sabbi696 said:
“Well, look at it this way..he did admit to it..so he must have felt guilty..some people wouldn’t even admit it. However, I would want to know why he sent a naked picture to her, because there must have been some sort of reason. Personally, I don’t think I would forgive my boyfriend if he did that to me.”

HaileyH said:
“For me, if my boyfriend didn’t admit it and own up to it, I would have broken up with him. While sending a naked picture to another girl is something totally unacceptable, the fact that he owned up to it and told you and even felt sorry for it shows that he has a lot of guts. Hopefully he will be able to make it up to you.”

Honestly, I would be done. Sending a naked picture to someone isn’t a mistake. Like, someone can kiss you in the moment if you’re alone with them. That is a mistake. Taking a nude photo and sending it to someone is a deliberate act.

I get that this guy apologized and feels terrible, however, he was clearly looking for something outside of this relationship. I would have a really hard time ever trusting my boyfriend if he sent naked pictures to another girl. I’d constantly be worrying what he was doing on his phone and if he was trying to cheat on me.

It’s a tough call because I do believe in second chances as well. Maybe he won’t ever do something like this again, but I think personally I’d be done. I feel like this sort of behavior at the beginning of a relationship just means it’s a gateway to other things. Good luck!

What do you think? What would you do if your BF did this? Tell us in the comments!

Need advice on a different topic? Do you have a story you want to share? Post your own thoughts and questions in our boards and start chatting with other girls.

You can reach this post’s author, Caitlin Corsetti, on Twitter and Instagram!

How can you be more popular in school?

Follow Gurl, pretty please!
Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram

Posted in: Boards, Health, Sex & Relationships
Tags: , ,

1. avatarHonestMan says:

Sounds like he really likes you and sees you two getting further in life, he couldn’t keep it in because he fears after you two settle, this may surface and ruin everything. He obviously wants a second chance, he admitted something that to most wouldn’t be a big deal. However him exchanging nude pics says you might have been a second choice for him. If something like that can prevent you from being happy and loved by a man for the next 50 years then sucks to be you.

Personally I wouldn’t have told you because THAT could be a deal breaker for you, so I’d keep it in, destroy any piece of evidence and love you for ever and wouldn’t let go.

2. avatarRoxanne says:

Honestly, from personal experience..i say dump him. Things will be difficult at first but its worth it. I was in the same exact situation and honestly taking him back had to be the worse idea ever. We’ve been together 2 years and our relationship is horrible. my trust issues and insecurities are off the roof and it just makes things much more complicated. We all deserve someone who will respect us 24.7..good luck and im so sorry you had to deal with that.. ask yourself this .. if you would have shared your body with someone else..would he have forgiven you? probably not.

3. avataranoymous says:

I’ve been in a similar situation, except my boyfriend asked for them. Now, before a bunch of girls jump down my throat here’s things to consider, and this applies to you too.
    1. He is a human being, humans do fuck up. Yes what he did was shitty, but we all do shitty things. You shouldn’t hold someone accountable forever over one mistake
    2. He admitted to it and apologized. Most people don’t even realize when they do something like that that it’s wrong. The fact he did and apologized right there shows you he is decent
    3. Look at how he treats you. He treats you very well from what you have said. It disgusts me how everyone’s telling you to dump a nice guy over one mistake. Second chances are important.
    Whenever my bf did what he did I was messed up for awhile. But he and I monitor eachother and trust was eventually restored.

4. avatarSarah says:

It’s definitely a tough call and depends on your personal belief on issues like this. Do you consider this cheating? If yes, then how do you deal with a person who cheats? Do you hear him out and give him a second chance or are you firm in cutting him loose?

If my boyfriend were to do this, I’d commend his honesty instead of having to find out through another source. However, it’d definitely hurt me and it’d make me re-evaluate our relationship. I do believe in second chances but I don’t consider this a mistake.

Hear him out and see what he has to say and his reasoning for this, because it really could be a one-time thing, since he seems to be sincerely apologetic about it. Then it’s your decision and communicate with him of your feelings and make a mutual decision.

If y’all decide to try to move past this, it’ll be hard and he’s gonna have to do a lot to earn your trust so don’t expect it to be all happy right away.

Good luck!