I’ve seen Mean Girls more times than I can even count, and every time I wish I was Janis Ian. Seriously, she is the greatest. Her spunky attitude is flawless, and she’s all about doing her own thing. She knows who she is, and if you don’t like it, that’s too bad. Also, she’s played by Lizzy Caplan, who is a queen.
Janis Ian is a little rough around the edges, but she’s got a sweet spot too. She fiercely cares about her friends and is uber passionate, which are great qualities. Basically, Janis is the best. Here are 10 signs you might be the Janis of your friends:
1. You have amazing comebacks.
Like, where do you come up with these things?
2. You may or may not have kissed your best friend before.
You had to try it, you know?
3. You’re the queen of sarcasm.
You can literally taste the bite when you speak.
4. You tend to avoid certain subjects.
If you don’t want to talk about something, there is no changing your mind.
5. You’re not afraid to call people out when they’re being sucky.
If your friend is being a bitch, you’re going to tell her she’s being a bitch.
6. You give good compliments.
Your friends love you for this.
7. You make valid points very validly.
8. You’re honest.
You’re not one of those girls who lies to her friend when that outfit really doesn’t look good.
9. You make wonderful comparisons.
10. You don’t care what people think of you.
You’re just doing you.