At this very moment, New York is enjoying some beautiful weather. The sun is shining, the sky is clear, and most importantly, there is no humidity. It’s warm enough for the beach, but there’s a breeze, and stepping outside doesn’t make you feel like you’re wrapped in a thick blanket with no way to escape. It is lovely.
Will it stay like this forever? Definitely not. Just earlier this week, the weather was so humid and sticky that being outside for even just five minutes was uncomfortable. During this time, I didn’t even bother trying to do my hair… every time I went outdoors, it would immediately frizz up. For my naturally wavy hair, summer temperatures mean one thing: frizz.
If you’re in the same boat as me, I’m sure you’re wondering what you can do about frizz so that you don’t look like you’re sporting a lion’s mane. Hey, sometimes it doesn’t even have to be humid… some of us just have frizzy hair! Here are 15 easy tips on how to fight frizz for the summer and beyond:
1. Hot tools are really bad for frizz. But if you have to blow-dry your hair, do it on the cool setting. It takes longer, but it will result in shinier, smoother, frizz-free locks.
2. Stop touching your hair! The more you tousle and play with it, the frizzier it will get. The rest of these tips are great too:
3. To get rid of frizz when you’re out, you can carry around dryer sheets.
4. Buy satin pillow cases instead of cotton ones. They’re better for preventing frizz and keeping your hair shiny and smooth. I love mine!
5. Consider making a hair mask on your own. It will make your hair look amazing for a few days, and you can do it once a week.
6. Know your hair product ingredients!
7. Use these kinds of products to help fight frizz:
8. Be careful about which shampoos or conditioners you’re using:
9. My hair is always frizzy after I blow it out. Combat this by twisting it while you’re getting ready. Shake out at the end for smooth waves.
10. Make your own frizz fighter. Take an old (clean) mascara wand, and spray it with hairspray. Run the wand over the frizzies to tame them.
11. Stop wrapping your wet hair in towels!
12. Instead of a towel, wrap wet hair in a t-shirt. It’s much better for frizz and curls.
13. If you like showering in hot water, finish off with a quick cold rinse. It will make a big difference.
14. All of these tips are really helpful for preventing and getting rid of frizzy hair:
15. Try these natural remedies for frizzy hair instead of buying products.
Do you have frizzy hair? How do you deal with it or tame it? Which of these tips do you think is the best? What did I forget to include? Tell me in the comments.