It’s difficult to reject someone because you don’t want to hurt someone else’s feelings or be called a bitch. However, if you’re not into a person, you need to let them know. Usually saying you’re not interested does the trick. However, sometimes it doesn’t, and the other person won’t back off.
There’s a difference between being persistent and not backing down. The latter is really annoying and can become quite scary if it continues. Last year, I went on a few dates with a guy and then wasn’t feeling it. I told him I wasn’t interested in seeing him again, but he would not leave me alone. He knew where I lived because he had walked me home once so I was pretty freaked that he would show up after he kept texting me. It was aggressive. I ended up having to block his number and thankfully haven’t had to deal with anything since. But when someone won’t leave you alone, it’s really terrible.
1. At first, you like the attention.
2. It’s just nice to be wanted!
3. Then you realize you’re not into it.
4. So you break the news.
It’s not you, it’s me. Wait, no. It’s you.
5. But they don’t get the hint.
Oh no. What part of “I’m not interested” did you not get?
6. You try to laugh it off.
I should be flattered, right?
7. Then you start getting a bit annoyed.
8. Every time you’re phone vibrates, you’re worried it’s them.
I’m just going to leave my phone in my room forever.
9. You think about blocking them.
Maybe you do, maybe you don’t. I did.
10. They start finding other means of contacting you.
Ooh a Facebook message! OH NO THEY FOUND ME.
11. You get paranoid that they’re actually stalking you.
Is someone outside my window right now?
12. So you just don’t respond to anything ever.
Ignore, ignore, ignore.
13. And go about your business!
But really if this person is making you seriously uncomfortable, you need to tell someone!
Have you ever dealt with someone who wouldn’t take a hint? What happened? Tell us in the comments!