Women have always found creative ways to express their passion for female empowerment. Sure, some take action through changing laws, while others participate in nude protests, but many everyday women fall somewhere in between. Maybe it’s calling out cat-calling through an app or using toys to inspire girls to get into science; the point is that there are tons of ways to promote female empowerment, and we’re all about it!
That’s why we’re absolutely loving this new series of illustrations by artist Carol Rosetti. From body image to gender identity and everything in-between, Rosetti covers so many topics that teen girls and women struggle with every day. Check out 10 of them that we think everyone should see.
1) Brush off the haters and love your body
2) If shaving isn’t your thing, that’s okay!
3) Whether you’re morally opposed to abortion or not, you shouldn’t be morally opposed to women having a safe, legal procedure.
4) Bisexuality isn’t a unicorn, y’all.
5) Representation matters!
6) Screw fashion rules for body types. Wear whatever you want to wear!
7) Natural hair pride!
8) Never feel as though you have no one to turn to.
9) Don’t conform to gender norms if you don’t want to!
10) Gender identity is nobody’s business but your own.
Check out Carol Rossetti’s Facebook page for more of her inspiring art.
Which of these posters is your favorite? What other aspects of female empowerment deserve more attention? Tell us in the comments!