I didn’t have a lot of girlfriends growing up because I grew up around all dudes. It wasn’t because I didn’t like girls. I have an older brother and liked tagging along with him and his friends instead of hanging out with the girls. Because of this, I have A LOT of guy best friends. I’ve hooked up with a few of them, dated one and the rest are really just my friends. That’s it.
Having a guy best friend is really important to me because, well, I’ve always had one. I’m really far away from my guy BFFs now, and it sucks. I went to visit one for Memorial Day and everyone kept asking me if we were going to hook up, which was really annoying. Believe it or not, guys and girls CAN be just friends. Anyway, I don’t know what I’d do without my guy besties. They’ve been there for me through so much, and I can’t imagine my life without them. If you have a guy BFF, you’ll definitely relate:
1. Everyone always asks if you’re dating.
Nope, we’re friends.
2. Or if you have dated.
Nope we’ve always been just friends.
3. Or if you’ve hooked up.
4. Or they ask when you’re going to start dating.
OMG LET IT GO.
5. You get comforting hugs.
Your guy BFF gives the best hugs because he’s not trying to sleep with you.
6. People ask if you hate girls.
7. It’s a must to get the seal of approval from him for your new BF and vice versa.
Your girlfriends’ opinions matter, but your guy BFF’s opinion comes first.
8. His girlfriends usually hate you. And your BFs usually hate him.
9. You have a cuddle buddy without #feels.
And without a boner, which is nice.
10. He gives you good insight to the male psyche.
It’s all so simple when he explains it!
11. And you’re constantly helping him with how to text girls.
“No, don’t send her that! What is wrong with you?”
12. You don’t have to impress him.
No makeup? No problem.
13. You feel safe when he’s around.
He’d do anything to protect you.
14. You can totally goof off together.
You can really be yourself.
15. He’s always there for you, no matter what.
Do you have a guy best friend? Would you rather have a guy BFF or a girl BFF? Tell me in the comments!