Two years ago when I moved to New York, I left all of my close friends behind. I went from having my core group of girls being just a few minutes away to having them be hundreds of miles away. I’ve been in long distance relationships before, which are pretty hard. But long distance friendships are even harder. I miss my best friends so much, and it’s really difficult.
Even though you’re best friends, you still have to work at keeping your friendship together with the distance. You’re on different schedules, different time zones and have different friends. Despite all of that, you know you’ll always be close. You won’t let distance ruin your friendship! If you have a long distance BFF, you totally relate to these things:
1. You treasure Skype dates.
Oh em gee hiiiii! You look pretty!
2. You have it marked in your calendar when you get to see each other.
LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN!
3. You feel left out when you see pictures of them with their other friends who aren’t you.
Okay, cool. I guess I don’t exist anymore.
4. You resent the friends who are around you because they’re not your bestie.
I mean, I like y’all and everything, but you’re not my best friend.
5. You’re an expert at phone tag.
Ughhhh call me back!
6. You get more excited about seeing your BFF during holidays than your own family.
Sorry Mom and Dad, but I have plans with the BFF.
7. Your #tbt posts are always about you two being together.
#tbt to that time we were having all the fun!
8. You can go weeks without talking but know you’re still thinking about each other.
9. And sometimes talking too much makes the distance harder.
You just miss each other too much.
10. You send each other mail and care packages.
You love getting mail, but it’s even better when it’s a decorated card from your homegirl.
11. You send each other pics of things that remind you of each other.
SAW A GRAPEFRUIT. THOUGHT ABOUT THAT TIME WE LAUGHED ABOUT GRAPEFRUITS. LOVE YEW.
12. Sometimes you call her just to hear her voicemail.
Miss you bb.
13. You send each other pictures for outfit approval.
I mean, she’s the only one you trust to tell you the truth.
14. People think you’re texting a new boo, but nope, it’s just your BFF.
You might be developing text-thumb because y’all text so much.
15. When you see each other, it’s like you’ve been together all along.
You’re each other’s constants. Forever and always!
Do you have a long distance BFF? How do you stay in touch? Do you relate to any of the above? Tell us in the comments!