Hi, my name is Caitlin, and I’ve almost died four times. There’s a running joke with my friends and family that I’m like a cat and only have five lives left. It would be funny except that the majority of my anxiety stems from the fact that I constantly think I’m going to die. I’m not exaggerating. I think every time I walk down the stairs, I’m going to fall and break my neck. I worry about tripping on the sidewalk and hitting my head.
Having a near-death experience is not fun, but it does tie you together with other people who have had near-death experiences. I’ve talked to some really interesting people in my life because of the things I’ve been through. And my experiences have made me stronger than I could have ever imagined. I certainly don’t want to get close to the Grim Reaper again, but I know I could handle it since I’ve done it a few times already. If you’ve had a near-death experience, you can definitely relate:
1. You feel super thankful for everything.
LOOK AT THIS FORK! THIS IS AMAZING!
2. You find yourself questioning why you didn’t actually die.
Like, I could have just been dead. Why am I not?
3. And feel like you have some sort of big purpose in life.
There has to be a reason for this.
4. You want to reach out to people you’ve lost touch with.
You were almost about to NEVER see them again.
5. You apologize for old things.
Apologies go a long way in the afterlife.
6. You wonder if there’s a god.
Hello? Anyone up there?
7. You make some radical change.
You know what this second life needs? A NEW HAIRCUT.
8. You’re increasingly aware that basically everything can kill you.
I’m living in Final Destination.
9. You wonder if you developed a superpower of some kind.
Can I read people’s minds now?
10. You make the most of your second chance.
Have you ever had a near-death experience? Do you relate to any of these? Tell us in the comments!