There are two types of people in this world: those who love mornings and those who absolutely hate them. I hate mornings. I’ve never been a morning person because I’m a serious night owl and have a lot of sleeping issues. I don’t like to talk to anyone in the morning until I’ve had, like, three cups of coffee. I don’t really have a problem being awake, but I’m so cranky that people have to generally stay away.
My dad is the definition of a morning person, and I really don’t understand how he does it. I sort of wish I inherited that quality because I think it would be good for me, but I’m totally cool with being a night person. Mornings are always going to be a struggle though, and if you’re not a morning person either I know you can relate:
1. You feel like the world is ending when you have to get up.
2. You have to set multiple alarms.
Mine say things like “Wake the eff up,” “You’re going to be late” and “Get out of bed” for motivation.
3. You snooze them anyway.
I may or may not have broken an alarm clock before.
4. You have to tell someone to make sure you’re awake just in case.
“Just call me and make sure I’m up, okay?”
5. You literally hide under the covers when you see sunshine.
6. You refuse to speak to anyone unless you’ve been awake for at least an hour.
I’ve warned you, so it’s not my fault if I bite your head off for trying to talk to me.
7. You LOL at the idea of working out in the mornings.
HAHAHA why would you do that?!
8. Everything makes you mad before noon.
Cue morning rage.
9. You don’t buy into the whole “being more productive in the morning thing.”
I don’t understand.
10. You’re totally cool skipping breakfast and going straight into lunch mode.
Lunchtime means it’s not the morning!
11. This is your catch phrase:
12. Morning people just make you sick.
Go be cheerful at 7 AM somewhere else, please.
Are you a morning person? Do you relate to any of these? Tell us in the comments!