If you’ve ever tried to use liquid eyeliner, then you already know how difficult it can be. Despite the fact that some celebrities, like Lauren Conrad, make it look easy, creating the perfect cat-eye or winged liner look is really tricky! I’ve heard that once you get it, it becomes super easy, but I’ve been attempting this for a full year now and I’m still not quite there yet.
I’m not giving up, though! I searched Pinterest for a ton of liquid eyeliner tips and tricks for myself, and I knew I had to share them with you guys too. There are actually a lot of different techniques you can use with liquid liner to create a look that’s right for you. If you’re struggling, try out a bunch of these and then go with whatever is easiest for you. The day you can effortlessly make an enviable cat-eye shape, you will thank me (and Pinterest). Here are 20 liquid eyeliner hacks, tips and tricks you need.
1. Figure out what kind of winged eyeliner looks best for your eye type
2. Find out what kind of brush works best for the line you’re looking for
3. Check out these pretty different styles:
4. Follow these basic rules to get started:
5. Learn how different styles and lines will make your eyes look:
6. Want a wide-eyed look? Try this style:
7. Don’t squint when applying liquid eyeliner!
8. For perfect winged eyeliner, trace the wing before filling it in, like so:
9. Or, try the dotted technique:
10. You can use tape to create a foolproof cat-eye look
11. To make a small wing, draw a thin line before anything else:
12. You can also easily make a cat eye using one little dot, like so:
13. Use both pencil AND liquid eyeliner for a look that will stay put
14. Keep q-tips on hand for easy cleanup if you make any mistakes
15. Learn how to make a subtle cat-eye really stand out
16. Now that you know different techniques, try out one of these classic looks:
17. Don’t want your look to be too dramatic? Soften the line using eye shadow:
18. You’re basically a liquid eyeliner pro now. Try this upside down cat-eye for a unique look
19. Do a double cat-eye with a shimmery gold color for a super fun look
20. This kitty look is dramatic and perfect for a night out!
Which of these tips did you find the most helpful? What are your liquid eyeliner tricks? What kind of beauty tips do you want to see? Tell me in the comments!