Congratulations, you’re a graduate! Huzzah! Graduating from high school is so exciting, and it’s a huge accomplishment so you should be really proud of yourself. You worked hard to get here, and now you’re moving on to the next chapter in your life. (Could I sound anymore cliche?) After you come down from the fun of graduation, you might start to freak out a little. Or a lot.
I had a serious post-graduation meltdown about a week after I got my diploma. I was super happy to be done with high school, but reality started setting in. I was going to college in three months. I wasn’t sure if I made the right choice, and I was flipping my lid over being away from my friends and family. This post-grad meltdown is completely normal, and here are 10 thoughts you’ll definitely have during it:
1. Okay. I graduated. Now what?
I think I forgot how to breathe.
2. OMG what if I picked the wrong college?
Did I make the right choice? What if I hate it? What happens if I transfer?
3. What if I don’t even want to go to college?!
College isn’t for everyone!
4. I think I should take a gap year.
I might need time to find myself before figuring out what to do.
5. I’m never going to see my friends again.
6. I don’t know how to live on my own!
I can’t do anything! I’m going to shrink my laundry!
7. That’s it. I’m not moving out.
I’m staying right here. And think of all the time I’ll save by not packing.
8. I feel so OLD!
IT’S ALL DOWNHILL FROM HERE.
9. How do people go so far away and survive?
Seriously, I told my mom what I wanted from the grocery store this morning.
10. I’m not ready for this, and you can’t make me leave!
I’LL TAKE NO WITH AN EXTRA LARGE SIDE OF NOPE.
Have you graduated yet? Are you freaking out? Tell us in the comments!