Here is something everyone should know about me: I am always late. If I say I’ll be there in a certain amount of time, please add on about 30-40 minutes and I will probably be there then. It’s a very bad habit that is also very hard to change. I realize that being late to certain things makes me look rude and disrespectful, and that makes me feel awful. Honestly, I am not late because I think my time is more important than anyone else’s – I’m late because I procrastinate, and I am just a little scatterbrained sometimes.
Also, and I know this sounds lame, but being late kind of runs in my genes. I learned it from my momma, who must have learned it from all of her aunts, uncles, and cousins. We’re just a late family. If you’re the same way, then you will appreciate this post. Here are 15 things you’ll only understand if you’re always late… to everything.
1. You are always rushing everywhere, so going anywhere makes you feel stressed.
2. You probably apologize more than most people.
Because you’re always like, “Sorry, I’m late! Sorry!”
3. You are a master at coming up with excuses as to why you’re late.
Especially if the real excuse is… well, nothing really. You’re just late.
4. When you tell close friends you’ll be there soon, they already know you will not be there that soon.
They’ve accepted it.
5. Only you can understand the frustration you feel when someone tells you the wrong (earlier) time on purpose to make sure you’re there on time.
Even if the truth is, if they didn’t, you would have been late.
6. You have tried setting your clocks to the wrong time to make sure you’re not late, but it doesn’t work because you still know it’s the wrong time.
Maybe it works a few times, but really it’s just annoying.
7. The snooze button is probably your best friend.
Or your worst enemy, depending on how you look at it.
8. Looking at clocks really stresses you out. Because… you’re probably late to something.
9. Doctors kind of hate you because you screw up their appointment schedule.
10. When you’re early to something, you feel like you really deserve a medal of some sort.
YOU MADE IT.
11. And also when you’re early, people are always like “OMG you’re actually here!”
And you’re like, didn’t you have faith in me?
12. You actually have anxiety dreams about being late to really important things, probably because it really could happen.
It’s the stuff of nightmares, really.
13. Even when you give yourself extra time, you’re still late. How is that possible?!
Oh, right, because you suck at time management.
14. If you drive, you know the shortcut to everywhere because you need them.
And you probably speed too often, which you should stop doing immediately.
15. Every time you’re running around late, you promise yourself you’ll be more organized next time.
Spoiler alert: you won’t be 🙁
Are you always late to everything? What things did I forget? Tell me in the comments!