Graduating from high school is exciting, but it’s also pretty scary. Whether you’re going to college or not, it’s a big deal to graduate! You just got through some of the toughest years of your life and are about to embark on a huge new journey. You’re leaving high school behind and are going off to meet new people and do new things.
My high school graduation was pretty long. (I don’t know why; we only had 102 students in my class!) We actually got yelled at because we broke out a beach ball to throw around at the end. Anyway, there are speeches, maybe some songs and a lot of time to think. You’ll definitely have these 10 thoughts during graduation:
1. Woooooo I’m graduating!!!
2. I’m so ready to be out of high school!
No more drama + freedom = AWESOME
3. But OMG I’m never going to see half of these people again.
On the other hand, I never have to see half of these people again!
4. I really thought I was never going to pass [insert awful class here].
5. Soooo how long is this supposed to be?
6. I really hope I don’t trip.
Don’t fall, don’t fall, don’t fall.
7. I wonder if anyone’s senior superlatives are going to come true?
Is Mr. School Spirit really going to be spirited in 10 years?
8. I wish caps and gowns were cuter.
Whose idea was this?
9. What if when we throw our caps, I can’t find mine?
Or what if it hits me in the face on the way down?
10. Holy crap, I’m graduating.
OH GOD DO I EVEN WANT TO GO TO COLLEGE ANYMORE? WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE?
Have you graduated yet? What thoughts did you have? Tell us in the comments!