It’s official: high-waisted everything is back in style, even when it comes to bikinis. No longer are high-waisted jeans considered “mom” jeans… everyone is rocking them, and they look pretty amazing. And I’m sure you’ve noticed that for the past few summers, high-waisted shorts have been huge. The trend doesn’t seem to be going anywhere anytime soon, so why not learn how to wear them?
High-waisted shorts are great because there are so many options. A lot of people assume you can only wear them if you tuck your top in, and while this probably looks the best, you can also wear them like regular shorts. So go out, get yourself a cute pair, and check out these 20 style tips on how to wear high-waisted shorts. They just may be the most versatile item you buy this summer.
1. The easiest way to wear high-waisted shorts? Pair them with a plain tank, flat sandals and some cute accessories. Perfect for summer!
2. Go for a boho look with a loose tank and super long sweater. Humongous heels optional.
3. Use them as a sort of beach cover-up. Pair them with a cute bikini top when you’re hanging by the pool or beach.
4. In cooler weather, pair them with thigh-high socks, which looks very cool. In really cold weather, add a scarf and beanie.
5. Go for a super casual, rocker-inspired look by front-tucking a graphic shirt and pairing the whole look with booties.
6. For spring, pair your high-waisted shorts with a sweater and sneakers. Cute and casual!
7. One of the most obvious ways to wear high-waisted shorts is with a crop top. This always looks good.
8. Show off a tiny bit of your stomach by wearing your high-waisted shorts with a tie-front shirt. This can look very pinup girl inspired.
9. Make high-waisted shorts appropriate for work or other functions by tucking in a button-up blouse and throwing on a fitted blazer.
10. Belt your shorts and tuck in a lacey shirt for a feminine look.
11. Don’t want to go too revealing? Pair your shorts with a boxy crop top that looks chic and sexy.
12. If you’re daring enough to wear a bralette top, pair it with high-waisted shorts so you don’t look like you’re in a bikini. Throw on a light cardigan for a boho look.
13. Pair your high-waisted shorts with a tucked in flannel shirt and combat boots. This is very rocker-chic and looks effortlessly cool.
14. Make corset or bustier tops more casual by wearing them with denim high-waisted shorts, like Miley.
15. Don’t want to show off too much? Tuck in a boat-neck top, and wear tights under your shorts. This is very classy and girly looking.
16. Make a button-down look casual and effortless by tucking it into a pair of denim, high-waisted shorts.
17. These long, light kimonos are huge right now. Wear yours over a crop top and denim high-waisted shorts.
18. Mix feminine floral high-waisted shorts with a more edgy leather jacket and simple crop top. I love the different looks combined.
19. You guys know how much I love a good chambray top. Tuck yours into black high-waisted shorts for a classic, all-American look.
20. Make a button-up pair more dressy by tucking in a nice blouse and wearing heels.
Which of these outfits is your favorite? How do you wear your high-waisted shorts? What other style tips do you want to see? Tell me in the comments!