One of my biggest hurdles in life is figuring out how to deal with stress. I’ve always been like this, even when I was in school. It’s gotten to the point where if I’m not stressed out, I get stressed about not being stressed. This obviously ties into my anxiety, but being constantly stressed is a problem on its own. Sure, being stressed means I care about the things I do and helps me get things done. But it’s really not healthy to live in a world of chronic stress.
Lucky for y’all, you’re about to start summer break and have some time to chill before the new school year. Some of you are still dealing with stress from finals. Others are dealing with the stress of graduating and heading to college. Stress can always find a way into your life no matter what you’re doing. If you’re always stressed out, you can definitely relate to these 12 things:
1. Caffeine is its own food group.
Coffee, tea, whatever. If it has caffeine, GIVE IT TO ME.
2. The smallest things can irritate you.
Seriously, chipping your nail can make you SO annoyed when you’re stressed.
3. Something completely ridiculous will make you snap.
One time I started crying because Boston Market gave me sweet potatoes instead of mashed potatoes.
4. You don’t know what sleep is.
5. “Relaxing” makes you more stressed because you feel like you should be doing something.
What is this “chill” you speak of?
6. If you’re not doing three things at once, you’re doing it wrong.
You deserve an award for multi-tasking.
7. Headaches are the norm for you.
I can’t even hear myself think.
8. You freak about making plans because it’s another thing you have to do.
I DON’T HAVE TIME FOR THIS.
9. You might accidentally lash out at people.
I’m sorry for the things I said when I was stressed.
10. Or exhibit some bad habits.
Ha see ya nails!
11. You feel like there’s never enough time in the day.
Can I get, like, five more hours?
12. You have to remind yourself to breathe.
You think it’s involuntary, but it’s not.
Are you always stressed? Do you relate to any of the above? How do you deal with stress? Tell us in the comments!