You know that old style rule that says you can’t wear white jeans after Labor Day? Yeah, that rule is lame and way outdated. It’s 2014, and you can wear white jeans whenever your little heart desires, whether it’s a 90 degree summer day, or a 20 degree snowstorm in the middle of January.
I used to be afraid of white jeans… until I started wearing them and discovered that they are a wardrobe staple that everyone must own. I love a good pair of white jeans for the summertime because they look so fresh and pretty. But I also love how unexpected they can look during the winter. Since they’re definitely more common in the warmer weather, though, I figured I’d show you guys some outfit ideas for your white jeans – just in time for Memorial Day weekend! Here are 20 style tips on how to wear white jeans.
1. With a flannel or plaid shirt – a bright belt makes this look pop even more.
2. A fitted, navy blue blazer looks crisp and professional with white jeans.
3. Neon is sometimes hard to wear, but I think it looks amazing paired with white denim.
4. Sometimes all you need with white jeans is a black top and classy accessories.
5. Go for white-on-white with gold accessories for something classic and clean.
6. Or do white-on-white with gray touches for the same effect.
7. In colder weather, pair a nude colored sweater with knee-high brown boots.
8. Wear your white jeans with a ton of color to really stand out. I’m obsessed with mixing turquoise or mint with white.
9. In the fall or winter, wear your white pants with a chunky sweater and brown boots.
10. Go for high-waist white jeans, and add a crop top for an on-trend ensemble.
11. A chambray shirt tucked into white jeans looks effortless and casual.
12. Cameo print tops look really cool with white jeans.
13. It doesn’t get much more classic than a striped shirt worn with white denim.
14. Steal one of these celebrity looks:
15. Toughen up your white jeans with a leather jacket.
16. White jeans really allow yellow to pop. Go for a bright blazer or shirt.
17. Any printed button-down goes great with white denim – same goes for wedge sandals.
18. Keep it simple by adding a plain t-shirt and a pretty necklace.
19. Leopard print looks really fun with white jeans.
20. Pair them with pastels and a denim jacket for spring.
Which of these looks is your favorite? Do you own white jeans? What do you want to see style tips for? Tell me in the comments.