I hate to say it, but finals season is upon us. Even if your finals aren’t for a few weeks, they’re still coming. You can’t stop them. Final exams, whether cumulative or not, are one of the hardest things about school. In some cases, your exam might be weighted heavily enough to really impact your final grade. That’s a lot of pressure for one test!
As much as I loved school, I was not a fan of final exams. I actually don’t know anyone who was, really. Studying for finals causes you to have a ridiculous amount of stress. When it comes to taking your finals, you experience a whole other level of stress. You might go from crying to thinking you know every single answer to second-guessing yourself. There are a lot of emotions involved, and probably these 10 thoughts:
1. I should have studied more.
Why didn’t I make that study guide or rewrite all my notes? UGH!
2. I’m literally going to fail everything.
I’m going to have to repeat this entire year all because I bingewatched Netflix more than studying.
3. How am I supposed to remember every detail I learned this semester?
That’s just impossible.
4. I wish I had gone to that study session.
I probably would have gotten distracted anyway, but I should have made the effort! Maybe something would have gone into my brain just by sitting there.
5. What grade do I need on this exam to still pass the class?
Seriously, what is the lowest possible grade I can get and still pass?
6. Is this going to get curved?
Please, please, please let everyone suck at this exam so we get a curve.
7. I wonder if it’s too late for extra credit…
I’ll never know if I don’t ask, right? RIGHT?
8. I actually think I know more than I thought I did.
I am a genius!
9. I mean, I either know it or I don’t right?
At this point, there’s nothing I can do differently so C looks like a pretty good answer.
10. I’M DONE.
Have you taken finals yet? What thoughts did you have? Tell us in the comments!