Tanning, whether it’s in the sun or in a tanning booth, is very bad for you. By now, we should all know that tanning can lead to wrinkles, in the best case scenario, and skin cancer, in the worst case scenario. But even though I know tanning is frowned upon, I can’t help it: I love a good sun-kissed glow. I like when my skin is just a little bit darker. It makes me feel more confident.
If you feel the same way as I do, keep reading. Luckily for us, there is self-tanning, and it doesn’t require the harmful sun or UV lights you’ll find in a tanning salon. Self-tanning is a much better option, but it can also be a little tricky (read: streaky). If you want to master self-tanning for a perfect sun-kissed glow, you need to check out these 12 self-tanning hacks, tips and tricks right now.
1. Pick the right self-tanner for your skin tone
2. Check out these user reviews to see which kind of self-tanner fits for what you’re looking for
3. Make sure you prep your skin correctly before applying by following these tips:
4. When applying, start from the center like so:
5. If things get streaky, use baking soda to fix the mistake
6. Or remove the stains from your hands with toothpaste
7. For hard to reach spots on your hands, remove the self-tanner using a Q-Tip
8. Can’t reach your back and have no one to do it for you? Try this:
9. Don’t forget the importance of moisturizer
10. If you run into problems, try solutions like these:
11. Learn how to maintain your glow so you don’t have to constantly re-apply
12. When all else fails, follow these amazing tips
Do you use self-tanner? Which one do you use? What are your tanning tips and tricks? Tell me in the comments.