If you’ve already had your prom, I’m sorry it’s over. If you’re still waiting for your prom, I hope you’re not too nervous! Prom is one of the most fun experiences of high school. It’s a chance for you to get super dressed up and hang out with your friends before the end of the year.
My junior and senior proms were really fun, but unfortunately, no matter how prepared you are, you’ll probably still freak out a little. You have to worry about your dress, hair, makeup, nails, dinner, dancing, pictures, etc. It’s a lot! And you’ll probably have these 10 thoughts:
1. How do I look?
Are you sure I look okay? Don’t lie to me?
2. If I spill anything on my dress, I’m going to freak out.
Seriously, like I can’t.
3. Oh and if ANYONE has the same dress as me…
I don’t even want to think about it.
4. I hope my date remembers the corsage.
It won’t be the end of the world because they’re kind of itchy, but like, still.
5. My face really hurts from smiling in all these pictures.
I should have put Vaseline on my teeth or something.
6. Omg why is my mom crying?
7. Are there going to be snacks?
I had dinner, but this is a long event. There better be snacks.
8. Can I even dance in this dress and these heels?
I never practiced.
9. My feet hurt.
WHY DIDN’T I BREAK IN THESE SHOES? WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?
10. I hope I look back at this as one of the best nights of my life.
Thank goodness for all those pictures!
Did you have your prom? Did you have these thoughts? If you haven’t had your prom, are you nervous or excited? Tell us in the comments!