I’ll be honest with you guys, I put this post together for pretty selfish reasons. I still haven’t managed to nail the boyfriend jeans trend, although I’m really dying to. Boyfriend jeans – which are baggy, typically destroyed, low-rise jeans – look so comfy and effortless. As a petite girl, I’ve always felt like I can’t pull them off… but lately, I’ve seen so many other short girls rocking them and I want to also!
Boyfriend jeans have been trendy for the past few years, and they’re still enjoying a big moment. If you’re looking to wear something other than skinny jeans, but you still want something denim, this is the way to go. Because they’re baggy and loose, boyfriend jeans can easily look very casual and sloppy. But styled correctly, they look amazingly chic and so cool. Want to learn how to rock this look perfectly? Here are 20 style tips on how to wear boyfriend jeans. Maybe this will inspire me to finally buy a pair!
1. These four basic looks cover everything. So cute!
2. Denim on denim is so cool and fun. Tuck a chambray shirt into your boyfriend jeans, and just make sure they’re different tones of denim.
3. Learn how to wear your boyfriend jeans according to what jacket you want to wear.
4. For a super casual look, pair your boyfriend jeans with sneakers and a cute crop top. Perfect for summer!
5. These three casual looks are great for school or the weekends.
6. Pairing your boyfriend jeans with something structured, like a fitted blazer, is always a good look – especially if you’re short or curvy.
7. Keep things simple by wearing a plain slim tee – add a statement necklace for a touch of glam.
8. Instead of cuffing your boyfriend jeans, tuck them into sneaker wedges.
9. Go very simple and casual by wearing a simple white tee, sandals, and aviators. This is a great summer look.
10. Dress up a graphic sweatshirt by pairing it with heels and boyfriend jeans. SO chic.
11. Toughen up your look with a slim leather jacket – if you want to add some feminine touches, wear bright heels.
12. Striped shirts and boyfriend jeans are a match made in heaven. Adding a bright belt and statement necklace makes this look perfect.
13. I love the idea of mixing very feminine pieces with baggy boyfriend jeans. Try red lipstick, retro sunglasses, a floral shirt and strappy heels.
14. On colder days, wear a cozy sweater and scarf.
15. And on warmer days, wear a tight tank top. Pairing something very fitted with baggy jeans is a nice contrast.
16. Add a peplum top to get a little fancy.
17. Varsity jackets + boyfriend jeans = perfection.
18. When all else fails, follow these simple tips:
19. Make a glam sequin top more casual by pairing it with boyfriend jeans.
20. Go super boho by pairing your jeans with a loose shirt and cardigan.
Which of these looks is your favorite? Do you own a pair of boyfriend jeans? How do you wear them? What other styling tips do you want to see? Tell me in the comments!