Kissing is so great, except for when it’s not. For every spectacular, amazing, tell-your-friends-all-the-details worthy kiss, you have at least two (or three) awful, embarrassing kisses. It’s just a fact of life.
So, don’t worry if you’ve had a few terrible kissing experiences. We’ve all been there, and we all have a story to tell! It might not seem that funny in the moment, but I promise you that in a few years it will be hilarious. To get you prepped for what could go wrong, or just to make you feel better about what already went wrong, here are the 10 worst, most awkward kiss moments ever. You’ll cringe while you read this.
1. When the person you’re kissing has really bad breath
You don’t know what to do because you don’t want to be rude, but, GROSS.
2. When the person you’re kissing barely moves their mouth and you’re like… WHAT.
Do you shove your tongue in there? Do you weirdly just touch your mouths together? Do you… stop?
3. When you open your eyes in the middle.
WHY DID YOU JUST DO THAT.
4. Or, even worse, when you open your eyes and their eyes are open too.
OH GOD WHAT DO YOU DO.
5. When the person you’re kissing is a little too enthusiastic, and their saliva gets all over you.
And all up in your mouth. Ick.
6. When you’re both a little too enthusiastic and you completely miss mouths and bump faces.
Ouch. Insert awkward laughter.
7. When the person you’re kissing shoves their tongue down your throat.
You try to get away but they just keep pulling you closer!
8. When you’re trying to be cute and feisty, but you bite their lip too hard.
And they yelp in pain and then you just feel dumb.
9. When one of you goes in for a hug, one of you goes in for a kiss.
Oh.. hey… haha… sorry…
10. When one of you has gum in your mouth.
Should you pass it between mouths? No, that’s gross.
11. When one or both of you have braces and things get stuck… and bloody.
12. When you think you’re in the middle of a private kiss and then someone walks in.
Even more awkward when it’s a family member.
13. When the person you’re kissing tries to get too handsy and you keep moving their hands.
And they keep moving them back… um, stop.
14. When the person is SO cute and awesome, but then they end up being a terrible kisser.
But you liked them SO MUCH. What now?!
15. When the other person goes in to kiss you, but you don’t want it to happen so you awkwardly move so he ends up kissing the side of your lip.
Awkward. So. Freakin. Awkward.
Which of these things do you think is the worst? Which have you experienced? What did I forget? Tell me in the comments.