It’s official, guys: crop tops are back in a major way, and it doesn’t look like they’re going anywhere anytime soon. I’ll be honest, I’ve been a little skeptical about this trend, and I’m just now coming around to it. At first, I was horrified by the idea of people wearing crop tops. But then I began to see celebrities styling them in seriously amazing ways, and I sort of started to want one.
Let’s discuss. Wearing a crop top doesn’t mean putting on a bralette and low-rise jeans. I mean, unless you want to look like Christina Aguilera circa 2002. If so, that’s fine. Go for it. But today’s crop top trend is a little bit more covered up. The best way to wear a daytime-appropriate crop top is with something high-waisted. You can show a sliver of your stomach above your belly button, or if you’re daring, more than a sliver. The point is, it shouldn’t look like you’re headed to the beach. It should look chic and cool. Want to know how to nail this trend? Read on for 20 style tips on how to wear crop tops.
1. If you don’t want to show too much skin, wear it with a high waist skirt and a blazer. So cute!
2. Pair it with high waist jeans, a loose cardigan, and cute shoes for a perfect date look.
3. I don’t like to bare my stomach, so my favorite way to hop on the crop top trend is to wear a loose one over a tight skirt. It doesn’t show my midriff, and looks really cute.
4. Or you can layer a loose crop top over a tight dress.
5. An adorable way to do overalls is to wear a crop top underneath. Killing two trends with one outfit!
6. Pair your crop top with high waist shorts for a festival/summer inspired look.
7. A daytime appropriate casual look is to pair your crop top with a high waist skirt, and layer with an unbuttoned chambray shirt.
8. Learn the perfect way to wear a crop top for your body.
9. Pair your crop top with boyfriend jeans. Boyfriend jeans are baggy, and crop tops show skin, so they compliment each other.
10. Another way to take on the trend without baring your midriff is to wear a cropped sweater with a high waist maxi. This is SO cute, and work appropriate.
11. Balance high waist, loose and baggy pants with a tight crop top.
12. Wear a longer, loose crop top with jeans and flat sandals for a super casual summer look.
13. Crop top sets are super chic, as is pairing one with a pencil skirt.
14. For a casul, boho type of vibe, wear your crop top with high waist shorts and loosely knot a sheer button down over it.
15. For a fancy look, wear a crop top with high waist trousers and heels.
16. Always wanted to wear a tutu skirt a la Carrie Bradshaw? Pair it with a crop top. Only way it works.
17. When all else fails, consult this helpful guide:
18. Wear a loose crop top with a maxi skirt for a boho look.
19. Or make it fancy by adding a statement necklace, heels, and a chic updo.
20. Ease into the trend by wearing a crop top under a sheer dress or tunic.
Do you wear crop tops? How do you wear them? Which of these looks is your favorite? What style tips do you want to see? Tell me in the comments!