I know, I know, the voice of our generation? Really? Yes, I know that at the end of the day Denny’s is a breakfast chain and not some great Gen X philosopher. But either way, whoever is in charge of their social media is effing hilarious.
Seriously. I wouldn’t have expected to see social justice leaning tweets on Twitter or cheeky responses to messages on Tumblr from Denny’s. This is not an advertisement, y’all. I’m just very passionate about how hilarious Denny’s is, okay? Let me live! And while you do that, check out these 10 reasons why Denny’s is the voice of our generation.
1) They’re against cultural appropriation.
The best Coachella look is french toast remnants all over yr face while not appropriating any other cultures.
— Denny’s (@DennysDiner) April 13, 2014
2) They know the safest ways to talk to strangers on the internet.
Can we be restaurantsexual or…
3) Their nail game is on point:
But real talk: That fried egg design is pretty damn cute.
4) Some of their posts look like they could belong on a soft grunge Tumblr blog.
☯✞ ✿ ☾✞ ▲◣◢ ◥▼△▽ ☆ Follow for more soft pancakes ☆ ▽△▼◥ ◣◢▲ ✞☾ ✿ ✞☯
5) They throw shade at The Big Bang Theory.
They deserve all the support for that alone.
6) Their #TBT posts are seriously vintage:
7) They’re just as exhausted by awful lifehacks as you are:
“Flaphack #8: Lose the powder puff from your compact case? Easy solution: pancake!”
— Denny’s (@DennysDiner) March 4, 2014
Honestly, these are better than some things I’ve seen on Pinterest.
8) They know the importance of composition when it comes to a food pic on Instagram:
It’s all about the angle. And the filter, or lack thereof.
9) They’re fandom weirdos just like the rest of us:
— Denny’s (@DennysDiner) April 7, 2014
— Denny’s (@DennysDiner) February 10, 2014
Prank idea: pretend to be a crotchety Death Eater but secretly protect Harry for most of his life.
— Denny’s (@DennysDiner) April 1, 2014
I hope they make some choice Mad Men related posts soon.
10) They understand the value of a snappy comeback, Tumblr style:
I mean…that’s a fair response.
Are you peer pressuring everyone you know into following Denny’s now? What other restaurants have really a really funny social media presence? Tell us in the comments!