Your skin tone may not be the first thing that comes to mind when buying makeup or when applying it – but it should be. Choosing the right makeup for your skin tone can improve your whole look, and no, I’m not just talking about foundation or concealer. You should be doing this with lipsticks, nail polishes, and more.
I’m sure you can figure out what your skin tone is on your own (if not, there’s a helpful chart below you need to look at), but then how do you know which colors are the best for you? By reading this, obviously! Here are 16 beauty hacks and tips on how to find the right makeup for your skin tone. You’ll appreciate this the next time you’re at Sephora.
1. First, figure out exactly what your skin tone is using this infographic.
2. Foundation absolutely needs to match your skin tone, or it looks weird. Figure out how to do that:
3. Make sure you’re also using the right BB or CC creams. If you have light skin, check this out:
4. Fair skin? Use these:
5. Medium skin girls:
6. And dark skin girls:
7. You should also use the right blush for your skin tone. Find out which shades are best for you:
8. Confused? Use these celebs to find your match:
9. If you use self-tanner, make sure to read this first:
10. Red lipstick is the most flattering when it goes with your skin tone. Find your undertone and use this chart:
11. Don’t know your undertone? Here are the perfect lipsticks based on your skin tone.
12. Or, if you prefer pink lipstick, here are the perfect pinks for your skin tone:
13. Find a nude that won’t look weird by matching it to your undertone:
14. When all else fails, go for this chart:
15. You can even improve your manicure by picking the right shades for your skin tone. Here is how to pick the perfect nude:
16. And the perfect reds!
What is your skin tone? What other kinds of beauty tips do you want to see? Tell me in the comments!