Having big boobs can be a blessing, or it can be a curse. Sometimes it’s really great, other days you just wish that you could get a breast reduction. I’ve written about my struggles with my large breasts before, and I found out that a lot of girls with smaller chests think that girls with bigger chests don’t deserve to complain. Well, guys, I’m here to tell you that our big boobs can create some serious problems, especially when it comes to clothes.
The fashion world as a whole seems to think that small breasts are chic, and so, a lot of clothing is made to look good on women with smaller boobs. As a result, there’s a lot of things you just can’t wear if you have big boobs – or you can wear them, it will just be really annoying. It’svery frustrating, and every time I complain about it, my friends with smaller cup sizes are like, “Ugh, Jessica, shut up.” But it’s not a humble brag! My size isn’t even that large, so I can’t imagine what it’s like for the ladies who deal with larger sizes, but I know it must be more difficult.
Here are 20 fashion problems you’ll only understand if you have big boobs. But, hey, at least we have our v-necks, right? They’re very flattering.
1. T-shirt with built-in bras? LOL okay. Forget about buying that…
This is for a large?!
2. Finding a perfect bikini top is a nightmare. NIGHTMARE.
Not only do you have to buy pieces separately, but you usually have to buy special bikinis that are very expensive. And don’t even think about a string bikini, unless you want to be Kate Upton a la Sports Illustrated.
3. Loose, baggy shirts make you look pregnant.
Sometimes you sacrifice that for comfort, but still, annoying.
4. One-size fits all bandeaus make you LOL.
Not all. THEY DO NOT FIT ALL.
5. A good button-down shirt is extremely difficult to find.
They either fit everywhere except for your boobs (where the buttons gap), or they fit your boobs but are huge everywhere else. You can’t win.
6. Backless shirts don’t work for you because how are you supposed to wear a supportive bra?
You can’t. It’s impossible.
7. Anything strapless makes you groan.
Whoever said big boobs hold up strapless dresses better was very, very wrong.
8. If an elastic waist is too far down, it ends up looking odd on you because a weird portion puffs out.
9. Loose crop tops are basically impossible.
You can only wear tight ones.
10. Anytime you wear something low-cut, it looks like you’re trying to be sexy, even if you’re not.
You just want to look appropriate in your cute top, but everyone has to freakin’ stare and make you feel awkward.
11. Cute, cheap bras are almost never your size.
Thanks, Victoria’s Secret PINK. Thanks. I’ll just be over here, spending $90 on my bra from the specialty store in London.
12. Long necklaces fall in between your boobs, which is just uncomfortable.
Not to mention it looks really weird.
13. Are there really people who can just get away with one sports bra?
14. When you find a cute shirt or dress you love that fits everywhere but your boobs, it’s just like…
Life is not fair.
15. Empire waist tops never give enough room for your boobs.
Guess that trend is out.
16. Graphic tees get stretched out in your chest area and then they’re ruined.
Also your friends don’t want you borrowing their clothes because you’ll stretch them out. THANKS GUYS.
17. If you wear something that’s a little too tight, it becomes sheer.
Or a tight bra gives you quadboob. So uncomfortable.
18. And turtlenecks, or anything with a high neck, give you uniboob.
Not a great look.
19. Chunky knit sweaters are great, but not exactly flattering. They tend to make you look larger.
You’ll sacrifice that too for comfort, but still.
20. Ruffles look weird on you.
They just do.
Which of these problems can you relate to the most? Which do you disagree with? What did I forget? Tell me in the comments.