The first time I ever heard of a promposal was when I was watching Laguna Beach back when I was in high school. The guys on the show asked the girls to prom in the sweetest, most elaborate ways possible. I thought it was really adorable, but I was also shocked that this was apparently something real people did in real life! It didn’t happen that way in my school. You just asked someone to prom… it was pretty simple.
Now it seems like promposals have really caught on – and it also seems like they’re more elaborate than ever. I guess simply telling someone you want them to be your date isn’t good enough anymore. On the one hand, I think these are sort of silly and annoying – like, why does it have to be such a big deal? On the other hand, though, it’s pretty adorable.
One teen made headlines with this fake college rejection letter that he used in his promposal, and it really caught my attention. He basically mocked up a college rejection letter, telling the girl she was no longer accepted – but at the end, it said that she could go if she went to prom with him. It’s terrifying, but I guess kind of adorable. Anyway, I looked into promposals a little more, expecting to hate them, but instead I found that… I kind of like them? Who am I? Here are 20 of the craziest, most adorable promposals ever:
1. And now I’m hungry…
2. Is it weird that I sort of feel bad for these cows?
3. UM wow. This is talent right here.
4. This is cute, I guess, but also, what a hassle…
5. Up fans, this is for you. A LOT of work went into that sign. That’s dedication.
6. I love that a girl did this! So awesome.
7. I mean… I’m getting more hungry.
8. Very dramatic. Very Kimye.
9. Okay, I’m not going to lie, I would be SO embarrassed by this. But happy also?
10. The fact that someone wrote this in ketchup makes it way more adorable.
11. Being asked on TV? I mean… that’s serious.
12. This seems expensive.
13. Well, this is awkward…
14. Um, this is just a little too over the top for me.
15. This dude supposedly used over 1500 balloons. THAT IS INSANE.
16. I mean, wow. This is a lot of work right here.
17. I WANT THIS RIGHT NOW.
18. The terrified faces make this so good.
19. This is too cute to be real right now.
20. So many things could go wrong here!
21. Is it really weird of me to just think about how much he must have touched this sushi? I’m kind of grossed out.
22. Okay, this is a REALLY expensive way to ask someone to prom.
23. UM. Where were teen boys like this when I was in high school?!
25. Okay, this is just insane.
Which of these is your favorite? How do you want to be asked to prom? Which do you think is ridiculous? Tell me in the comments!