One of the things I love the most about spring is that I can finally ditch my bulky winter coats. Don’t get me wrong, I love my wool coat, but there’s something so nice about stepping outside in a lighter jacket that doesn’t hide your entire outfit from view. One spring wardrobe essential I think everyone should own is a good jean jacket – I’d recommend splurging a little on one that fits well, so you can have it for years.
Denim jackets are the best because you can wear them with literally anything. They usually lend a casual vibe to any outfit, but they can also be dressed up a little bit. They’ll keep you warm without suffocating you, and they don’t cover up the rest of your cute outfit – in fact, they can usually make an outfit even cuter.
Take advantage of the awesomeness of your jean jacket with the style tips below. You can wear it through spring, the chillier days of summer, and fall as well. And, yes, you can pair it with jeans. Here are 20 style tips on how to wear a denim jacket that you’ll love.
1. Pair it with a white lace dress and boots to put a classic touch on a feminine look.
2. To make your denim jacket more fancy, you can wear it with sequins and heels. It’s a fun mix for going out.
3. Make a maxi dress work for spring or fall by wearing it with a cropped denim jacket.
4. Wear a light-wash denim jacket with a floaty dress, a medium-wash with florals, and a cropped jacket with a graphic tee.
5. Paired with a turtleneck and a maxi skirt, your jean jacket can easily give your outfit a ’70s vibe.
6. Leopard print and denim is such a great mix. Take your leopard skirt and white tee to the next level by pairing them with a jean jacket.
7. Just by changing the way the jacket looks slightly, you can change the vibe of your entire outfit.
8. Don’t be afraid of denim-on-denim! If you’re going to go for it, just make sure you pair different washes, like Cameron Diaz did here.
9. Make a super feminine look, like the ones below, more chill by layering with a denim jacket.
10. I love wearing black-on-black ensembles, but sometimes it feels like too much. A jean jacket breaks it up perfectly.
11. Wear a crop top anywhere, any time by putting a denim jacket over it.
12. Pair your denim jacket with stripes, plaid shirts, and colorful pants – any of them is a classic spring look.
13. Again, I love stripes with a denim jacket – it’s such a classic look. I’m also obsessed with the jacket paired with cargo jeans.
14. Go for a new look by buttoning up your jacket all the way and wearing it as a shirt instead of a jacket. This looks perfect with colorful maxi skirts.
15. Make a floral skirt and white tank more interesting with a jean jacket.
16. When in doubt, follow any of these rules! I especially love the belted idea and the chambray look.
17. Make a summer dress work for spring or fall by layering with a jean jacket.
18. Use this simple outfit guide to figure out how to wear your denim jacket for each season.
19. All of these ideas are great, but I especially love the idea of a denim jacket with neon.
20. Not sure what to wear with your bright colored jeans? A denim jacket is the perfect choice!
Do you own a denim jacket? How do you wear it? Which of these looks is your favorite? What kind of style tips do you want to see? Tell me in the comments!