First dates, in general, are always awkward. Even the good ones have their uncomfortable moments. That’s not surprising, considering a first date is a nerve-wracking experience, and usually involves someone you don’t know very well. It’s basically like inviting awkwardness into your life.
I’ve had my fair share of weird first date experiences, and so has anyone else who has ever dated anyone. It sucks in the moment, but hey, at least it makes a good story after… right? The below things have to be the 12 worst, most awkward first date moments ever. Everyone has dealt with at least one – if not, you will, don’t worry.
1. When neither of you know what to say and there’s an uncomfortable silence.
One of you will probably break it by talking about the weather, which, ugh.
2. Farting, burping… basically any embarrassing bodily function that could happen to you.
You’ll just sit there and pretend that didn’t happen…
3. Going to the movies and watching a really explicit sex scene with someone you don’t know very well.
Do you keep holding his hand?! Do you look at him? Do you giggle?! ARGH.
4. When you run into your ex.
Not the best time, to put it lightly.
5. Or, even worse, when you run into your ex and his new girlfriend.
Oh, hey, just on a first date, did you want to make things more awkward?
6. If you’re out, and you get your period, but you don’t have tampons or pads.
Now you have yet another thing you can worry about for the rest of the night.
7. Accidentally over-sharing and telling him something really embarrassing.
That… wasn’t supposed to happen.
8. When he gets a text or phone call and actually responds, and you’re just sitting there like…
Should you be offended? Or try to act like you’re really chill and it’s cool?
9. When he says something you really disagree with and you have no idea what to do.
You don’t want to fight with him, but at the same time, you really want to stand up for this issue.
10. If, at the end, he kind of blows you off and you don’t know how to respond.
11. When one of you goes in for a hug, one goes in for a kiss.
12. Afterwards, trying to decide if you should text him first or not.
The worst part about dating: texting.
Have you experienced any of these awkward first date moments? What was your most awkward dating moment? Tell me in the comments!