If you’re washing your hair every single day, you should stop. Washing your hair too often can be pretty bad for it – too much shampoo can strip your hair of it’s natural oils. It’s not the worst thing in the world, but I know that since I stopped washing my hair so often, it’s looked and felt a lot better.
The only problem with not washing your hair every day? Usually by the third day (or the second, if your locks are very oily) your hair is a little greasy and feels kind of gross. Sure, you can spritz some dry shampoo in there, but I know that sometimes I just feel like I need to do something else with it. Ponytails and simple buns can get boring fast, so why not do something cooler?
And as long as you’re trying to keep your hair healthy, why not stay away from heat? Too much heat styling is really, REALLY bad for your hair. My sister used to flat-iron her hair so much that it actually stopped growing for years. That’s why no-heat hairstyles are your friend, especially when you have dirty hair. The texture holds better! Here are 15 easy no-heat hairstyles for dirty hair, and most of them will work for girls with long or short hair.
1. This couldn’t be easier – three braids rolled into little buns!
2. For girls with long or medium length hair, try something like this. If your hair is super dirty, this is perfect, because the wrap will hide it AND look cute.
3. Another braided, twisty bun that looks super simple – and will probably work for medium-length hair as well.
4. If you want to get curls/waves without actually using a curling iron, try the headband trick everyone has been talking about. Our editor Caitlin has tried it and it worked for her!
5. Make a low bun more interesting with a double braided headband deal.
6. This is a perfect hairstyle for girls with long, straight hair. It looks complicated, but I do it all the time and it’s actually very easy.
7. Go retro with this cute little flip braid.
8. Fishtail braids were made for dirty hair. The texture holds perfectly – if your hair isn’t dirty, it’s too soft to hold it. And once you get the hang of a fishtail, it’s super easy and fast.
9. You can even tuck it up into a bun if your hair is really long.
10. This one uses a curling iron in the tutorial, but it’s not necessary.
11. I do this all the time, and it’s super easy. Plus, it gets all the hair out of your face, which is great.
12. If your hair still looks presentable, try a braided crown.
13. For girls with short, straight hair: this is perfect!
14. Make a low bun more fun by rolling it up.
15. Beach waves are always a good look, even in the winter. Try doing it this way for n0-heat waves.
Which of these hairstyles is your favorite? Which are you going to try? What kind of hairstyles do you want to see? Tell me in the comments.