The Breakfast Club came out a long time ago, but it is still one of the best teen movies ever. You definitely didn’t have to be born in the ’80s to appreciate this film and everything it made all of us think about. Today, March 24, is 30 years since The Breakfast Club students officially “met” in detention. When the movie opens, it flashes the date March 24, 1984 – the day the characters all had a life-changing detention session on a Saturday.
A lot has changed since back then, but that doesn’t mean we can’t still all relate to The Breakfast Club. So many great things came out of that movie, and a lot of them are timeless quotes that we all know. If you’ve never watched The Breakfast Club, I highly recommend it. I haven’t seen it in a long time, but I just may re-watch it tonight.
In honor of the movie, here are 15 quotes from The Breakfast Club we all love and can relate to. Enjoy!
1. It does sometimes, doesn’t it?
2. For real, though. Words of wisdom:
3. Explaining who you really are isn’t that simple.
4. UGH, haven’t we all been here?
5. We all have these sad moments.
6. It does feel this way sometimes… as sad as that sounds.
7. Just a great comeback that deserves to be recognized.
8. No matter how great someone’s life seems, that doesn’t mean they can’t be insulted.
9. What’s the big deal?
10. Saying what you feel or what is true doesn’t mean you should be called names!
11. We’ve all been here too 🙁
12. You can never please everyone. Never.
13. Don’t you want to just say this to people sometimes?
14. Well, this is true for most people, but not everyone.
15. Possibly my favorite quote from the movie. So spot-on!
Now go have an ’80s movie marathon before you go to bed! And make sure it starts with this one!
Are you a fan of The Breakfast Club? Which quote is your favorite? What is your favorite moment from the movie? What did I forget? Tell me in the comments.