10 TV Shows That Started Off Great And Then Went Bad

As someone who is obsessed with TV, I can tell you guys that it’s really easy for a TV show to fail, especially a TV show that is on for more than a couple of seasons. So many things can go wrong. Character development can get seriously weird, beloved stars might end up leaving the show due to behind-the-scenes problems, or characters might sometimes just end up flat and boring. And when it comes to the plot, forget about it. Usually plot lines either get boring and repetitive, or ridiculous and completely unrealistic. Any of these things can end up alienating even the most devoted fans.

Obviously, it’s really difficult to create an amazing show that is on for a long time and that always manages to leave people wanting more. Past shows that have accomplished this (for me, at least) were Gilmore Girls, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Friends, and Friday Night Lights. But there are a lot of shows that I started watching, became completely obsessed with… and then ended up ditching or being disappointed in because they became so awful. Here are 10 TV shows that started off great and then went bad. PS: if you haven’t seen the show and don’t want spoilers, don’t read the slide!

Which of these do you agree with? Which do you disagree with? What TV show did I forget about? Tell me in the comments.

10 Overrated TV Shows That Should Have Been Cancelled Already

Follow Gurl, pretty please!
FacebookTwitterTumblr and Instagram

Posted in: Stuff We Heart
Tags: , ,

1. avatarMaria says:

I TOTALLY AGREE ON TWO AND A HALF MEN, I MEAN CMON ‘ IT WAS THE BEST SHOW COMEDY STCOM ON AMERICA, AS SOON AS CHARLIE LEFT IT JUST HORRIBLE. CHARLIE SHOUD HAVE NEVER LEFT :((( I MISS CLASICAL TWO AND A HLAF MEN WITH CHARLIE +ALAN+JAKE= IT WAS PERFECT . THEY SHOULD JUST CANCEL THE SHOW ALREADY. OR HAVE CHARLIE COME BACK. !

2. avatartired says:

Yeah glees season three was a bit dissapointing but man seasons 4 and 5 are the best. It has improved, like a lot. Also ALL shows change over the years, even friends did, but that doesnt mean change is always bad. For example, the big bang theory has changed to better, it is much less sexist, glee has changed and now its more entertaining… So, we should get rid of this idea.

3. avatarCat says:

I feel like a lot of shows go on for too long. I want a story that ends and ends well. I don’t want to be forced to continually watch forever because I fell in love with a character or theme.
    Now I can’t be hooked on forever like I used to. Once a show starts to lose my interest, I just stop watching.
    I loved Glee so much. I loved the characters and still do, but the magic it once had diminished. It makes me sad.

4. avatarMelinda says:

How I Met Your Mother should be on this list too.. I absolutely adore seasons 1-6 and I constantly re-watch those seasons, but season 7 got really lame and season 8 is unbearably unfunny, so I’m not even watching it anymore.

5. avatarMarina says:

I totally agree with you on Glee, I absolutely loved the first two seasons, three was pretty good and then after that it was just terrible. Pretty Little Liars should be on this list too, but it isn’t finished yet and is actually getting good again now.

6. avatarSneha says:

doctor who should’ve been on the list tbh

7. avatarAria says:

I agree about Gossip Girl, but Jenny needed to go. She was the most boring, whiny and simply annoying character. In both books and TV show.

8. avatarjenny says:

I’m still a massive family guy fan. I’ll admit its not as funny as it originally was but I still find it so funny!

9. Pingback: Crush Links: Selena Gomez Speaks Out About Her Rehab Stay... Kinda - Crushable

10. avatarAverageNerd143 says:

House went down hill at season 6

11. avatarKistal Gordon says:

I agree with almost everything you have except…LOST! That show was pure genius and I have yet to find another show on TV with that level of writing.

12. avatarShelby says:

You forgot Degrassi!!

13. avatarYuiGyaruRamen says:

Truth with “The Office”. As soon as Steve left, I was like “Ok, they show is over, time to watch something else.” xD

14. avatarbullied_nation says:

The oc and glee are okay. When i was younger i would get with my siblings and sing the theme song of the oc, which is at least half of the reason why that show is so great. the rest of these shows are horrible. Dexter started okay, but its kind of disturbing that he kills ppl. true blood has to be misnomer–true LUST seems about right.

15. avatarJeanne says:

Dexter was amazing up until the end of season 7-season 8, which were the last two seasons of the series. But seasons 1-6 was great! The plot was riveting and it kept you wanting to watch more, since every episode left with a cliffhanger, and because of the fact that there are a maximum of 12 episodes per season. It’s definitely worth watching if you haven’t yet.