12 Things You Need To Know Before Getting Into A Relationship

Before I started dating my first boyfriend, I didn’t know anything about relationships. I thought I did, but I was wrong. So, like probably almost everyone else in the world, I went into my first relationship without any idea of what I was doing or what I was supposed to do. I was confused, in love bordering on obsession, and felt totally out of my league most of the time.

So it’s safe to say that I wish I had read something like this before I went into my first relationship – because knowing these things now makes my current relationship that much easier. Of course, realizing this stuff usually comes with time and experience, but wouldn’t you rather know it now before getting into your first relationship? Here are 12 things you need to know before getting into a relationship (trust me on this stuff):

What do you agree with? What do you disagree with? What did I forget to include? Tell me in the comments.

10 things that could totally ruin a new relationship

Follow Gurl, pretty please!
Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram

Posted in: Love Advice
Tags: , ,

1. avatarCheerCraver says:

Slide 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 are 100% true! 12 is somewhat true, if it’s a good guy, yea, horrible guy, no!

2. avatarAnna Maria says:

Slide 3 was so true, though! I have had ex-boyfriends who dumped me simply because I checked out another guy or I said he was hot, the hell? Honestly…IT’S NORMAL! Humans will look, yes, and they will compliment them, it’s not right for you to get upset, it doesn’t mean jack! My best friend completely humiliated her previous boyfriend at a restaurant simply because he checked out another girl and called her “bootylicious”, she yelled at him and smacked him in the face and ended their 6 year relationship. 6 YEAR RELATIONSHIP, all because he found another girl attractive. Like what? If my boyfriend checks out another girl or compliments her physical features, okay then! It doesn’t matter, he’s with me! Him finding another girl attractive is not a reflection of him not loving me or finding me attractive, it’s just what it is, so to all you crazy girls who wanna’ flip out because your man confessed he found a girl or two sexy or has a wandering eye, it’s not worth it, like my best friend, she ended a relationship with a great guy for one of world’s most shittiest reasons to dump someone! IT’S FINE, EFFING GET OVER IT ALRIGHT????????!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????:(((((((((((((((

3. avatarLorraine says:

During slide number 3, I was just like, no! How can you actually let your boyfriend check out other girls and comment on their physical features, it’s not right! That’s pure disrespect and I know firsthand it’ll lead to cheating. Besides, he doesn’t tell you beautiful you are only to go out and call some girl gorgeous, relationships are built on love, trust, and respect! So to all guys or girls who want to do that, you might as well do disrespectful things to your girl or guy because THAT is disrespectful itself.

• avatarCayla says:

You are an OAG (overly attached girlfriend),I have a boyfriend and I still check out other guys and compliment them, and my boyfriend knows that I love him, you need to calm your panties because this insecure and unconfident behavior will send guys running left if they see you coming right.

• avatarLorraine says:

I am not an OAG, you are simply an inconsiderate, impudent girlfriend who disrespects her boyfriend. In a relationship, you should have eyes only for the person you’re dating, and if you can’t then you don’t deserve to be in a relationship.

• avatarCheerCraver says:

I totally agree with you, Lorraine, so disrespectful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!