From The Message Boards: My Mom Keeps Walking In On Me Masturbating!

When you’re living in your parents’ house, you might feel like you don’t have a lot of privacy. You’re living under their roof with their rules, and they probably ask you a lot of questions about where you’re going, who you’re seeing, etc. It can be really frustrating if you feel like you don’t have privacy.

This week on the message boards, y’all are talking about how to get more privacy. One girl’s mom keeps walking in on her masturbating! How embarrassing!!

Let’s see what y’all had to say!

katnisscake asked:

“So I have a problem with privacy. Occasionally I will go into my room, close my door and masturbate. My mom has an issue with allowing privacy. Whenever my door is closed, she will open it when I least expect it and it’s really embarrassing. I have asked her a million times to please knock, but no. She has walked in on me masturbating more than once and it’s just really embarrassing, and it needs to stop. Usually I do it at night after everyone else is asleep or when I’m home alone, but it happened this evening and my mom obviously doesn’t know that when I close my door, it’s because I need privacy.”

mandakim said:

“My mum is the same. She has a really bad habit of knocking once then opening the door without waiting for me to reply. I’ve told / asked / begged her to please wait, but no she just barges in. I don’t know if she thinks it’s funny or what, but it drives me insane! And it’s embarrassing when you’re in the middle of it, and she gets an eyeful. I’m sure parents would love it if we barged into their room when the door is closed….NOT! Sorry, I can’t help you, but I thought I’d let you know you’re not the only one with ‘nosy rude mother’ syndrome.”

oneandonlyagian said:

“Have you tried investing in a lock for your door? If not think about it.”

MiaGurl said:

“I think you should just barge in on them when they are getting dressed or getting busy. I know it’s gross, but maybe they will get the idea why you would like some privacy.”

Yikes! I remember the first time I had the privacy talk with my parents. I wasn’t allowed to have my door closed unless I was sleeping because I couldn’t fall asleep if the door was open. If I had friends over, I especially wasn’t allowed to close the door.

As I got older, I felt the need for more privacy. I needed to feel like I had a space that was mine and that I could do what I wanted without worrying that someone would come in. Fortunately, my parents never walked in on me doing anything. But it always scared the bejesus out of me. After several terrifying walk-ins, I had a talk with my mom that I needed more privacy and at least needed them to let me respond to a knock before I opened the door.

The key is to have a conversation, not a fight, with your parents about privacy. You need to explain that you need privacy and feel uncomfortable when they just barge in. Explain that you understand that you’re living in their house, but you respect their privacy and wish to have the same respect in return. Having a mature conversation is the best way to go and will let them see that you deserve some space.

Do you have issues with privacy in your house? What do you do about it? Tell us in the comments!

Need advice on a different topic? Do you have a story you want to share? Post your own thoughts and questions in our boards and start chatting with other girls.

What do looks really have to do with a relationship?

Follow Gurl, pretty please!
Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram

Posted in: Boards, Health, Sex & Relationships
Tags: , ,

1. avatarJames says:

East to west bathroom is the best for masturbating.

2. avatarTee says:

My mom is the same way I never locked my door until I had enough of her barging in but that only led to her taking the door knob off the door so I have no lock or knob . I still close my door and she does knock but when I masterbate and she knocks and opens the door it pisses me off she always interrupts when i’m about to climax. I usually just listen to make sure she’s still and not coming towards my room.

3. avatarGary says:

I walked in on my sister masturbating….I was embarrassed as she walked in on me before

4. avatarCc says:

I never have privacy it’s so annoying and I will be talking to my boyfriend and they check on us every 5min and we go for a kiss and boom my moms there

5. avatarMabelPines says:

I don’t have a problem with privacy or anything. We don’t have locks on the doors except the bathroom and I have my door closed the majority of the time so it doesn’t serve as a problem. I usually wait until my mum’s out of the house,asleep or when I know she’ll be downstairs for ages.

6. avatarCollette Ferguson says:

I really don’t know what to tell you the shower is probably the safest place but maybe if you can listen for your mom and see when she’s coming in and hopefully stop yourself, otherwise probably use the shower, or late at night or home alone, that’s what I do

7. avatarGirl Scouts Leader says:

Hi my name is Daniel I am Girl Scouts leader, Girls has the right to have a private. And yes you needs to tell parents of your right! How you feels. Not the parents walk in to. But take my advice go to restroom and lock door. More private there! Then bedroom. I hope I helped.

8. avatardigurl says:

I have a lock on my bedroom door but I don’t use it because it’s like hanging out a sign that says “Masturbating. DO NOT DISTURB.” My mom likes to barge in without knocking so I am very cautious and I don’t take chances. Usually I do it in the shower or under the covers at night. The closest I came to getting caught was when I was watching this couple on TV get down ‘n dirty and I got really horny and let down my guard. But on average I do it a couple times a week and nobody has caught me yet. Just be sure to use your head as well as your hand…the shower is the safest place.

• avatarAlejandra Carrillo says:

I don’t think locking your door should make you feel like it’s super obvious, most likely that’s in your head because you’re paranoid. Your family can just walk in the bathroom too (well mine always does to use the bathroom or do their hair or something like that) but that’s just me.