The 10 Biggest Texting Mistakes You’re Probably Making When Talking To Your Crush

I’ll be one of the first people to say that texting is a great invention. As a shy girl, texting has always been a much easier way to break the ice and get to know the dudes I have crushes on. There is much less pressure than speaking on the phone or in person and it just has an easier, more casual vibe.

But even though there are tons of perks to texting your crush, there are also some major downsides. Texting might be less nerve-wracking than calling your crush on the phone, but that doesn’t mean you still can’t make big mistakes. The worst thing about text messages is the lack of emotion – you can’t tell exactly what someone is thinking or how they’re feeling just by reading what they’re writing. That makes it much easier to get confused by what someone is really trying to say and that leaves room for some mishaps. We’ve all embarrassed ourselves over text messages at least once! Here are the 10 biggest texting mistakes you’re probably making when you’re talking to your crush:

Are you guilty of making any of these texting mistakes? Do you know anyone else who makes them? What did we forget? Tell me in the comments!

10 reasons you should never fight over text messages

Follow Gurl, pretty please!
Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram

Posted in: Love Advice
Tags: , ,

1. avatar Mike says:

I told this girl that I liked her over Instagram and that was the first thing I said.And she looked at the message 4 days ago and didn’t write anything. Does that mean she doesn’t like me. What should I do

• avatar Anonymous says:

Be cool about it just let her know you want a response say something like”if you don’t like me back it’s okay” or try to tell her do you like me too” I know from experience that telling someone you like them and them not respond drives you crazy so just try the steps above and remember she might not know how to tell you she likes you too

• avatar Jessica says:

I’m sorry to say this but I don’t think she likes you… If she did she wouldn’t have left you on “Seen” and not write back. I understand if she didn’t reply for four days and then a few days later or the next day, she opens the message and replies because it shows she was most likely busy.

2. avatar Kristy says:

This guy messages me but when i write back he doesn’t i don’t understand don’t msg me and not write back simple , I’m over it dont know what to do help me!

3. avatar Kate says:

Guilty of all the above, I’ve decided not to contact him at all today, give him a breather from me haha

4. avatar Dominique Glass says:

I did i kik message him to much now i think he,s ignoring me because he read all my kik messages but wont reply what should i do i really like him i have never felt like this.

• avatar Jessica says:

I think you should forget about him then… He’s not worth the stress because he reads those messages and doesn’t reply back it’s his lost.

But, if you’re coming on too strong as well maybe that’s why it’s happening.. If you’re not then ignore this part.

5. avatar patience says:

very, very helpful and informative….I made a mistake. I didn’t want to seem like I had nothing better to do than wait for him to text me cause he always texts me like an hour after I do..and I was getting pissed so I didn’t reply for 3 days and we texted for a while then he stopped and now he hasn’t replied for a week…..#Sad