10 Tips On How To Date A Shy Guy

A common misconception in the dating world is that the guy always has to approach the girl to make the first move. Because of this, shy guys who can’t work up the nerve to talk to a girl they like get screwed. In order to date a shy guy, you need to be comfortable being the one who takes control and makes the moves… at least until he gets comfortable with you.

If you’ve ever had, or currently have, a crush on a shy guy, then you know how difficult it can be to deal with them. As a shy girl, I know that us quiet people can be a little hard to talk to. But sometimes, all a dude needs is a girl to coax him out of his shell – and there’s no reason you can’t be that girl! In order to date a shy guy, you need to be patient, confident and willing to do some work. But in the end, it will probably be totally worth it. That said, here are 10 tips on how to date a shy guy. You’re welcome.

Have you ever dated a shy guy? What are your tips for trying to date one? What did I miss? Tell me in the comments.

7 reasons why you should make the first move

Follow Gurl, pretty please!
Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram

Posted in: Love Advice
Tags: , ,

1. avatar susmita mitra says:

Hiii every1… I hav a crush on dis extrmly cute guy in my tutn, who also seems to hav a crsh on me.. Bt d problem bein his best friend has a huge crsh on me, whch evry1 knws, n he himslf has nt told me nethng bout his feelings, but my frnz hav caught him lookin at me durin classes, n he also told one of his frnz dat he lyks me, bt he has nt yet tld me anythng… Wot shud i do? Shud i approach him or shud i wait for him to make the frst move.. Please help

2. avatar :P says:

my crush is ULTRA shy, & loves me back. 2 probs: 1. i have a boyfriend who i don’t love, & 2. i’m 2 shy too ask out my crush. wot should i do? ps. my crush is shyer than me. BTW, any1 in a similar position? if so, wot r u gonna do?

3. avatar KHALESY says:

what do you do if a shy guy likes you and he does not make the first move what do you do?

4. avatar nick says:

I’m a shy guy who is wanting to show my girl affection but is scared to have sex….I wantto make sure I don’t screw anything up
    …I love her sooi much… and care about her
    ..she loves me for who I am and I love her for who she is ….she is my baby girl who means a lot yo me

5. avatar cathy says:

I invited a man over for dinner. We’ve been texting alot.And he was able to express himself thru texting very openly n we never met.Exchanged pictures.He came over.Very very shy.Didnt say a word unless I asked questions. He answered..but then went back to being very quiet. He inhaled dinner. I asked him how it was he stated very good.I touched his hand he got startled.he stayed for 2
    hours n texted me when he got home to tell me he made it home safely. He texts me in the morning asks how was your night did you sleep well and he texted me before he goes to bed. I ended up calling him to make sure hes truly divorced n he reassured ne that he was for three years ask why.I told him someone told me that you were living with your ex wife.wanted to know who said that.I informed him I can’t say.So we talked for awhile of course I had to do most of the talking because of the shell he lives in.If this guy doesn’t like me why does he text me so much.I dislike texting.I rather hear your voice. And how can he express his self thru texting n not in person.I told him usually guys can’t read me.I told him he was the first guy I ever met where I couldn’t read him.He replied maybe thats why we are both still single. What does that nean???,,

hours n left. He texted me to let me know he made it home.I said you seem abit shy.I told him I thought he was a total gentlemen. I

asked him what he thought of me and he said there was no spark.I can usually read men, but this guy I could not read him at all.He said he wants to be friends. .but he texts me all the time when he wakes asking me if I had a good night and if I slept well.He texts ne thru out the day letting me know how his day is going n he texted

6. avatar jo says:

That’s not always the case some guys are more shy physically then emotionally. My guy told me he loved me and we still haven’t had sex

7. avatar perfectdisaster says:

My boyfriend’s pretty shy, and he’s the type of guy who has alot of friends that are girls. since we took our relationship a bit too fast in my opnion, we didn’t really get to know eachother so it kind of upsetted me at first. but really, if you ask your um lover about himself and he doesn’t say much, just tell him things about you. and i mean in paragraphs. for me, dannii loves reading and knowing about me so he just got to know about me and commented on what he relates on. like, we both like video games. and he’s a major gamer. maybe like.. small little details, or..
    well i kind of got to know him better through his past. but don’t go like “SO TELL ME ABOUT YOUR EX’s.o.o” .. um i don’t know entirely ahah. but maybe get to know some of his friends aswell. in my opinion, shy guys take things a bit slow.. physically; maybe not, but connection-wise, they take it kinda slow. maybe he’s shy cause he’s afraid to open up then be hurt again.? you never know.

8. avatar StylishGeek says:

Thank You so much for posting something like this. this is really gonna help me :)