Having a crush is never easy, mainly because everything is so uncertain. A lot of bad things can come along with having a crush (hence the name), but one of the worst things is when you realize your crush likes someone else. I don’t think I need to tell you why that sucks so much.
Finding out your crush isn’t exactly crushing on you is tough. We’ve all dealt with it and so we’ve all gone through a few, if not all, of the 10 stages explained below. So, while I know it feels like this is only happening to you and no one else, trust me, that’s not true. Here are the 10 stages of realizing your crush like someone else.
You’ve been in love with your crush for a while. He’s funny, nice, cute and basically just awesome.
You guys sometimes flirt and it’s always amazing.
All of your friends know you’re obsessed.
You’re pretty sure that one day soon, he’ll realize he loves you too and will make you his girlfriend.
And then, one day, you’re innocently skimming through Facebook when you see him flirting with another girl.
WHO IS THIS CHICK?!
He likes all of her pictures. Um, WTF? You ask around and it’s pretty clear… he totally has a crush on this girl and not you.
Once you find out, you pretty much go through these 10 stages.
1. Denial: You think this has to be some sort of sick joke. Maybe he likes you too?
2. Panic: You spend way too much time online stalking both him and his crush to try and find out if she likes him back.
3. Depression: You catch them flirting and spend way too much time in bed feeling miserable about your life.
4. Manipulative: Okay, it’s fine. You can try to change his mind and get him away from this girl. You come up with all sorts of evil plans.
5. Anger: You hate this girl and make fun of her all the time even though she’s never actually done anything to you.
6. More Anger: Ugh, what did you ever see in your crush anyway?! What a loser.
7. Obsessiveness: You can’t stop wondering if they’re going to end up in an official relationship.
8. Heartbroken: You’ll never meet anyone like him ever again.
9. Anger At Yourself: Why can’t you just stop thinking about him?!
10. Moving On: It’s happening. You’re starting, very slowly, to move on. Did I mention it’s very slow?
Have you ever been in this situation? How did you react? What other stages are there that I missed? Tell me in the comments.