What Are Some Good Nicknames For A Boyfriend Or Girlfriend?

Check out what’s new on our boards! Right now, our girls are talking about how to come up with a good nickname for your boyfriend or girlfriend:

MatildaLove said:

“So, my boyfriend has a lot of cute nicknames he calls me: honeybee, habibti, sweetie, honey, gorgeous, beautiful, babe, princess, sunshine, beauty,… The list goes on, all of them I love.

I totally want to give him some, but am not sure what names I should give him, or how he would receive them. I’ve thought about babe, but that’s what my sister calls her boyfriend, so I don’t really want to call mine babe too. How do you feel about the name “charmer?” I don’t want to give him something too gooey, that he wouldn’t like or would be embarrassed if I was overheard.

He’s very masculine, intelligent, Lebanese, great blue eyes, not cute hot, but attractive/handsome, really attentive, extremely likable/friendly, and respectful.

Suggestions are appreciated. Also any advice on saying nicknames to him/ trying them out on him.”

Got something to add to this convo? Then go for it, girl! Let us know what you think right here.

Need advice on a different topic? Do you have a story you want to share? Post your own thoughts and questions in our boards and start chatting with other girls.

Should you keep flirting with someone if you can’t date them?

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter!

Posted in: Boards, Relationships
Tags: , , ,

1. avatarNikita says:

Well u can cal him sweety pie,honey,prince,hero,darling..

2. avatarHope says:

Well, I’m Lebanese too; so for some Arabic nicknames you could call him Hayeti (my life) , or Alby (my love/heart), or even Rouhy (my soul/eternity)

Pronunciations: Ha-yeh-tee; El-bee; Roo-hee

3. avatarJo says:

There must be a nickname equivalent to ‘darling’ or ‘sweetheart’ in Lebanese. My guy is German, so we call each other the German equivalent of ‘darling,’ which is ‘schatzi’ or its more endearing form ‘snooki.’ Otherwise, I call him ‘Sleepyhead’ because he’s always tired. Just pick a quality you think he exemplifies and call him that…of course nothing rude, demeaning, or baby-ish… You can use: ‘Handsome’ or ‘Silly’ or ‘Sexy’.

4. avatarLarissa says:

Maybe tiger!

5. avatarEira says:

I call my fiance Boo Boo and he calls me Baby Boo. Other than that I call him Handsome Devil, Babe, Baby, Sweety, Sweetheart, Love, Hun, Pumpkinpie(yes I know.. Cliche) but he loves all of them :3 <3

6. avatarella says:

I suggest calling him something he really likes to eat, or a trait of his. Idk like… Snickers? Butterfingers? (just a random suggestion) it’s teasing in a cute way and not too gooey. people wouldn’t really know what you mean if they overhear you.

7. avatarCartoony says:

Ohh and Prince charming :)

8. avatarCartoony says:

Handsome,sexy,smarty,Hun,good lookin.ect.:) hope that helped

9. avatarashy says: