What It’s REALLY Like To Have A Baby Face And Look Younger Than You Are, In GIFs

I’m 25-years-old (shh, don’t tell), but if you ever met me and didn’t know that, you would probably assume I was about 17, maybe 18-years-0ld. Maybe you would even think I was younger than that – hey, it happens. A few months ago, a woman asked me what grade I was in high school. This is because I have a major baby face and I’m short at only about 5’0 feet. I look years younger than I am, which is something I’ve been dealing with my whole life.

I’m completely aware that this isn’t a serious problem – I know that a lot of people out there have it worse than I do – but still, it’s annoying. There have been many times in my life where I have seriously resented my baby face. Looking younger than everyone else your age isn’t always fun. Sometimes it sucks. So, for those of you who can relate, here’s what it’s REALLY like to live with a baby face.

So, you look like years younger than you are? I feel your pain, girl.

hug gif

It sucks and here’s why.

You have the round cheeks and big eyes of a baby and you’re probably pretty petite, so everyone automatically refers to you as “cute” and “adorable.”

annoyed gif

And sometimes you’re just like, “MAYBE I WANT TO BE HOT AND SEXY, OKAY?!”

frustrated gif

It started young. When you were in middle school, the older kids were always like, “Go back to kindergarten!” and it was sad.

sad gif

It doesn’t get much better. Whenever you meet people, they assume you’re at least five years younger than you are. You tell them your real age and they’re like, “REALLY, I never would have known!” and you’re just like:

angry gif

Then you try to flirt with guys and they get creeped out because they think you’re too young.

awkward gif

You go to the movies, where your friends effortlessly get into the R-rated ones when you guys aren’t old enough, but you get caught right away.

crying gif

Oh, and forget about fake IDs. Everyone else is going nuts and you’re just like, Not gonna happen.

annoyed

You think it gets better when you turn 18-years-old and you can do stuff. But you go to buy matches or something little and you still get asked for your ID.

giphy (1)

Sometimes, cashiers really don’t believe your REAL ID is real, which is like:

seriously gif

When you meet new people and they’re like, “You look SO young,” you’re just like:

giphy (2)

Whenever you complain about looking so young, older people are like, “When you’re my age, you’ll appreciate it” and you’re like:

original (2)

And whenever someone tells you they wish they had your problem, you’re like:

tumblr_m7nicqw0nj1r1rgtq

No one ever takes you seriously because you don’t look like an adult.

giphy (4)

Anytime you try to look more mature with a new haircut or something, it’s like:

original (1)

Everyone assumes you’re really innocent and sweet just because you look young, so it sort of makes you want to rebel.

frustrated-kat

And when you get really mad at someone and you’re furiously yelling at them, they can’t help but laugh and say “you’re so cute when you’re mad” which is like:

giphy (5)

The worst is when you’re with a group of people who are, like, 10 years younger than you but YOU look younger than all of them. Embarrassing.

embarassed-for-you

But I guess it’s not always that bad. Since people assume you’re innocent, you can usually get away with anything.

1374979904665

You can totally get away with spending less money on children’s movie tickets, clothes, kids meals… it’s great.

giphy (6)

Sometimes it’s nice to be called cute… especially by cute guys.

giphy (7)

You have the opportunity to totally surprise people with how mature and awesome you are after they assume you’re a child.

Taylor_Smug

And, really, years from now you’ll still look young while all of your friends look older. So, you’ll win!

Smug

Do you have a baby face? Do you look younger than your age? Which of these can you relate to? Tell me in the comments!

The best things about being short

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter

This entry was posted in Being Yourself.
Bookmark the permalink.

1. avatarA mum says:

I m a mum and 35+ yrs old..people still think i m a teenager..they dont take me seriously..sometimes i feel like a looser when people comment on me in front of evryone that u r like a kid and in get togethers its even more harder..i have no hope..i have no confidence to go somewhere and talk to strangers in partie etc..i always feel distressed..but cant share my feelings..once when i wanted to buy cigarettes..they were asking for my id..it was so embarrasing..plz somebody help me what shud i do..i m feeling so down cos of my baby face..HELP me plzzz.

2. avatarKayla says:

Omfg literally my life in a nutshell. Especially being a hispanic 18 yr old and looking younger than your 13 yr old sister akdkfekkcmdkdk. Glad to know im not alone. Its also hard hanging out and talking to older boys because i feel like im the child and they dont view me as mature. Its seriously a life long painn people point out on a daily basis. Ughh storyofourlives

3. avatarKuinshi says:

I get that so damn much!! I went to a gym with my mom and sister, and I got the ‘Are you old enough to be here?’ even in the locker rooms!! And my sister was the one who was too young!
    I didn’t even find out that I had a baby face till I turned 17, I thought that everyone thought that I was twelve because I was short!
    No guys will hit on me even in a bikini, cause apparently even 6 year-olds can wear a bikini.
    I’m counting the years till this pays off.

4. avatarBrandon Bragg says:

I arrived here from google by searching “I look so young”. It’s a mixed blessing… I am 34 but can pass for 21-25 easily (male)… I know everyone moans about it but really I have just started to realise the benefits! My last girlfriend was 22 (mature for her age though so no difficulties), I still get ID’ed in the UK where the legal drinking age is 18 .. all my friends are married or bored but I can just move to a new city as I work from home and everyone thinks I am the same age as them – party time! My point is that it is only when you are older you will appreciate it… all my friends look incredibly old. It will end someday for me… but for now enjoy being young from 18 to 45!

P.s. the downside is really work where it’s more difficult to be taken seriously… but not impossible. Just start your own business like me.

5. avatarWendy says:

I still see looking young as more of a curse than a blessing. “You’ll appreciate it when you’re older,” people say. Nope. I don’t think so. I’m 16 (almost 17) and have the horrible combination of being short (5ft) and naturally stick-thin, with a small chest (which isn’t so bad), a young face and a high-pitched voice. I sound like a little girl, and I’m usually mistaken for being 10-12. At my high school, I’m assumed to be a freshman on a regular basis, and when I was a freshman, girls (who towered over me) would put on this annoying, cutesy voice and ask me, “Do you go here?!” As I walk off, I can hear them giggling to each other about how “cute” I am. Many don’t seem to take me seriously until they hear me speak and (getting past the high-pitched voice) realize that I am mature, intelligent, and most definitely NOT 12. I often feel patronized by how some who do not know me well treat me. I would like to be seen for the person I am inside, not for the little girl’s body I happen to be trapped in. /end of rant

6. avatarJael says:

It is ignoring . Im 23, People’s taking me for Beeing around
    12 years. Bu you’re right , there’s a lot of advantages to, looking younger:)

7. avatarAnna says:

I’m 18 and could easily pass for 14 or younger. I once went to my little brothers basketball game and the lady selling tickets said “You know kids 11 and under are free”. I was 17 when that happened. I went to buy matches and I was carded and the women didn’t believe I was 18 even with my ID. At my last family reunion I was forced to sit with the kids, I think even my family forgets that just because I look young doesn’t mean I am. Being short (5 feet tall) doesn’t help my cause at all either

• avatarKuinshi says:

I know!! I’m almost 18 and I still have to sit at the kids table!! Arghh . . . When I actually was twelve I was actually looking forward to growing older and sitting with the adults . . . still waiting!

8. avatarMarion says:

I’m 30 but people often assume I am a teenager because of my baby face. Two people this week actually thought I was 12. I absolutely hate it. I am a healthcare professional and I feel like my colleagues and patients don’t take me seriously because I look like a child. I can’t say as I blame them for that, but at the same time I feel disrespected all the time and find it difficult to be taken seriously. I also hate it when people say it should be taken as a compliment when those same people use a singsong voice when talking to me before they realize that I’m a woman with 2 university degrees! I hate it! But love all these gifs!!

• avatarDeb says:

Wow marion I feel you completely. Its degrading. I’m 25 and look 18-20 at best. I hate looking so young.